Nighthawks Clinch Victory Cup

RJMW

After 66 games the Nighthawks clinched the Victory Cup with 103 points. 6 games later the season has ended and the Malmo Nighthawks have officially won the trophy with a 52-14-6 record and 110 points. The best record a team has had since Season 84, and the most points Malmo has had in their team's history. Although the Nighthawks got off to a mediocre start, they kicked it into high gear about a third of the way through the season and didn't look back. Managing to end the season with the most goals for and least goals against... and all of this without a bonafide superstar?

This is not a slight in any way to @DarkSpyro but in a very recent short podcast he said "(Malmo) have no superstars." I can't leave out he called the team incredible across the board but I'm afraid I have to disagree with the claim we have no superstars... @Advantage Viktor Jensen (Malmo's superstar!!) scored a career-high 90 points and he did it without taking a single penalty. Apart from one of the cleanest seasons ever, Jensen's success individually proved to be incredibly impactful to Malmo's collection of the Victory Cup.

Superstar? Absolutely. I could easily make a case for Jensen to win the Scott Campbell Trophy but I won't do that... yet...

Edited by RJMW

• RJMW changed the title to Nighthawks Clinch Victory Cup