Sweep Sweep Sweep

aimkin

Robin Williams Dancing GIF by STARZ

As the buzzer sounded for the end of game 4, Jesse Teno stood in their goal stunned as the onslaught of London players began coming at them. They were truly shocked that not only had they just beat Malmo, one of the teams considered a challenge for the playoffs, but they had done so with a sweep. 

Teno only allowed 9 goals on 146 shots resulting in a 0.9345 save percentage for round 1 of the playoffs. So far through the Wildcard and Round 1, Teno is 7-0-1 with 1 shutout, has a 0.946 save percentage (1st for goalies who have played 4 or 8 games), 2.11 goals against average (2nd for goalies who have played 4 or 8 games), and the usually mild-mannered goalie has had 2 penalty minutes.

“It honestly came out of nowhere. This was not what we were expecting but I think it’s exactly what we needed to have happened. I can’t wait to see who we play next.”

163 words for week ending 2/25/2024

Edited by aimkin

3 hours ago, aimkin said:

“It honestly came out of nowhere. This was not what we were expecting but I think it’s exactly what we needed to have happened. I can’t wait to see who we play next.”

Congrats on an incredible series win! Ngl, I was rooting for Malmo, but what you guys did was seriously impressive!

8 minutes ago, LucyXpher said:

Congrats on an incredible series win! Ngl, I was rooting for Malmo, but what you guys did was seriously impressive!

Thank you! We aim to kick ass!