Gavilrovs Dman of the Year?

Girts

So I have no idea if there's any kind of awards in the VHLE, but if there's a defenseman of the year trophy I think Guntis Gavilrovs deserves to be a front runner for it. The big Latvian blueliner had an absolutely huge season, leading the entire league in assists, hits and pims as well as all defenseman in points. He also ranked near the top in blocked shots, blueliner goals and finished 8th overall in league scoring. Just a monster performance and some really impressive numbers all around. He helped Stockholm to great season finishing 3rd overall and a strong playoff run losing to the eventual champs. I think most people would be impressed by Gavilrovs performance on the blue line this season and would support him for any kind of Defenseman of the year award. Other defenseman deserving recognition would be Vlad Von Carstein, Darko Alexander Malkovich, Joseph Dubois and Sunset Moth who all had great seasons of their own and I have a ton of respect for. Whatever happens it would be fun to see Gavilrovs get some hardware before he moves onto the VHL where it will likely take him at least a few seasons to be in consideration for any VHL awards. Also with it being off-season I couldn't think of anything else to write about, lol, so yes I'm shamelessly plugging myself! :)