Draft Day

Seabass

"I had some jitters before the draft I'll admit. I knew it was going to be a big day for me and for my career and I was nervous to meet my new team. When Davos called my name I immediately proceeded to embarass myself by shaking the GM's hand and calling him by the wrong name. Haha, I hope he can forgive me as I'm now just really excited to be a member of the Davos hockey club."

That was Steve French after being drafted by Davos 21st overall at the S93 VHL Entry Draft.

I figured the draft would be interesting and even though I had conversations with quite a few scouting teams in the end I had no clue where French was going to go in the draft. He was ranked around 20th overall by scouting but ranked 19th overall in tpe. In the end by having Steve go 21st overall he becomes my latest drafted player in any VHL draft. Which if you've seen my activity trends lately I definitely understand why. I've been slacking compared to my past players. 

I'm happy to see French get drafted by Davos though. If you don't know, I've got quite a lengthy cupless drought dating back to s11 that includes quite a few finals appearances where my teams have fallen short. But, Of course I won that cup in S11 as a member of the Davos Hockey Club and I haven't played for them since. So maybe the only team I've ever won with can be the team that helps me break this curse.