Capital Cats get new King(ma) [GRADED 6/6]

Kingma

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

post-406-0-62890600-1416786786_thumb.png

THE OTTAWA LYNX

DESK OF THE GENERAL MANAGER

Greetings,

It is with great pleasure that I have accepted the position of General Manager of the Ottawa Lynx! The Ottawa Lynx franchise (and predecessors) have a great history and I feel the weight of expectation on my shoulders. The Ottawa Lynx have won eight Founders Cup championships with the most recent being in Season 39. As she goes with the VHLM, great success is often followed at least a couple seasons of rebuilding. The stable needs to be restocked, and that is what I intend to do.

This is my first foray into team management in the VHL but the Commissioners are confident in my abilities to lead an organization. The Ottawa Lynx need strong leadership and this is what I will provide. The key tenets to success of the Lynx under my command are: Professionalism, Teamwork, and Toughness

Screenshot2013-08-12at7.18.14PM_original

Professionalism: The Ottawa Lynx from this point forward will be the epitome of professional hockey players. Sure, the VHLM is a developmental league, but anyone drafting or signing a former Lynx will acquire a well-rounded individual who respects their coaches, teammates, and themselves. Effective immediately, all current and future Ottawa Lynx will report to games in suits, on time, and well-groomed. I will instate media training for players and only those authorized to speak to the media will do so. I will not tolerate unprofessional attitudes or actions by Lynx players.

thumb_1324437190650_159113.jpg

Teamwork: A major part of being part of a VHLM organization is to learn excellent teamwork. There will be no "hot-dogging" on my team. The Ottawa Lynx will win as a team and lose as a team. There will be no finger-pointing or griping. Each player will know their role on the team and will fulfill that role to the best of their ability. The Ottawa Lynx under my command will be a cohesive unit.

george-parros.jpg

Toughness: The future of the Ottawa Lynx will be built around tough, gritty players with the heart to go into the corners and bang bodies. The league will fear playing the Ottawa Lynx. The Lynx have recently lost their way and have given up on playing a traditional Canadian-style game. Not anymore. If you are a tough, gritty player, the Ottawa Lynx wants you!

At the end of the day, I want the Ottawa Lynx to be known as a serious, professional, and traditional hockey organiation. I am under no illusions that my vision for the Lynx will occur overnight, but I will begin immediately to make the necessary moves to see that within the next two seasons, Ottawa will be a serious playoff contender. If you are a VHLM GM who wants to get creative with deals, I'm all ears. I will entertain any offer for any current or future Lynx players.

467 words.

• Senior Admin

Can I please get my grade? Thankx

Sorry mate, down a grader atm. Here ya go:

Content: 3/3

Congrats on the position! You seem like a pretty active and involved fella so I'm glad it went to someone like you. This is a really encouraging article in the sense that it solidifies that you were the right pick for GM and that you're open and driven when it comes to GM'ing. Congratulations, again.

Grammar: 2/2

Nothing, nice.

Appearance: 1/1

Looks sexy.

Overall: 6/6