Hockey Family comes full circle

Gaikoku-hito

PMBHalifaxDraft.jpg.ed2843bc2dac25e3252e100ae338264d.jpg

Hockey Family comes full circle

Pierre Marc Bouchard knew that he was most likely going to be drafted in the first round in the VHLM entry draft after the interest that was shown by a number of teams but it still very much came as a huge surprise when Halifax 21st walked up on stage and announced with the second overall pick that they would be selecting the young center from Helsinki, Finland.

“Surprised yes!! I was expecting to be drafted later in the round closer to Halifaxs` second pick of the first round but I also knew other teams might have had interest before that pick so I wasn`t ready to hear my name at the moment” stated the young Halifax prospect. “I guess they really like what they have seen and thought they needed to draft me early!!”

Smiled couldn`t be wiped off the face of the young prospect since it was announced that he would be heading to Halifax 21st and you cannot really blame him as it is a homecoming for the family.

“Yeah, Grandpa (Robert) grew up playing across the harbour in Cole Harbour so it so much more special to return the family home in some ways by being able to play in the city and community that my Grandpa grew up around. It will still be an adjustment but I know I will feel at home with family connections” added Bouchard.

The Bouchard family name has been attached to the VHL now for a few seasons with Robert Bouchard playing his whole career in Prague and his son playing in Vancouver; Pierre Emile Bouchard so it won`t be a surprise to see Pierre Marc Bouchard see his name called early next season in the VHL draft.

“I am not thinking about that at all at the moment. I am happy to be drafted by Halifax 21st and I am excited to meet the new team mates this season. We have a ton of work to do if we are going to contend for a Founders Cup but I like our chances!!” Smiled Bouchard.

Pierre Marc Bouchard was even more smiles a few moments later when he was greeted by announcement that a family friend had also been draft to Halifax 21st in Maple Dogwood.

“Oh, Man this could be a great season ….”  

Halifax 21st will back on these Family connections to see if they can win the Founders Cup this season; which would be the team’s first!! Bouchard name is all over the Founders Cup with both Pierre Marc Bouchard father Pierre Emile and Grandfather Robert winning the cup when they played in the league.

“I would be lying if I said it doesn`t add any more pressure with the two of them already winning the trophy but I think my grandpa said it best. It takes a team effort, hard work and a shit ton of luck to be able to lift any cup let alone the Founder Cup. We got lucky, boy so all you can do is put yourself into the best situation by working hard every day, focusing on your own game and that of your own team. Let the chips fall as they may but makes sure you are holding the most chips!!”

The Home coming won`t take long for the Bouchard family as Halifax 21st open the season at home against Ottawa Lynx; one of the favorites for the title this season.

576 words

Good interview style writing. I like the clear cut, alternate colors and use of italics. Autocorrect wanted me to say "Italian" but, I only noticed italics and no Italian. I don't speak Italian anyway. Well thought out with a lot of substance in the player's feedback and input on their upcoming season. A fresh start and new season in the M is an exciting time, but with the individuals extensive background with a hockey family, I think it's going to be smooth sailing. Also, I didn't detect any forms of plagiarism in this. I'm grading this based on my experience with my college discussion rubric.

So, depth of content 10/10

Spelling, 10/10

Overall, 10/10.

Good luck in the upcoming season!