Rashford Surprising: Leading Moscow in Scoring

Knight

Rashford Surprising: Leading Moscow in Scoring

It's early days but David Rashford is surprising everyone by leading the Moscow Menace in scoring 20% of the way through the season. While rumours were that the rule changes would increase scoring league-wide, no one predicted that Rashford would be such a benefactor. His 6 goals pace the Menace (tied with two others) and his 14 points have him looking just outside the top 10 in scoring. Moscow have an extremely balanced scoring attack with 8 players flirting with a point per game pace, so it's unlikely that Rashford will continue to lead the charge. However, it's not fluke as he's fired 76 shots on net so far putting him 10th in the league in that category. When asked what's spurred his inspired play, Rashford replied "I think it's just getting more comfortable with the team and knowing that I've earned the trust of the front office. It's allowed me to just be myself and play instinctually and not worry about making a mistake or two. Plus, I feel like I should've won most improved last year so I'm going to show all the voters why they were mistaken. I think that's something that's helping me hit an extra gear even though I know it's largely meaningless. I use it as a good excuse to add a little spice to my game."