A Look Around at Friends in the League

A Look Around at Friends in the League

SigSmallerForArticle.png?ex=661c4fd4&is=

Before I start, I want to let everyone know that I have/had a bunch of friends create in this league. Some stick around, some eventually fizzle out, but one thing is consistent, in that they all enjoy the experience. They might not be the most active people, where some don't talk in locker rooms and prefer to talk on the forum, however, their passion for the league is just as same as some of the other players. I've had conversations with them about the VHL multiple times and daily now we talk about our players performance in sims. Although you don't see that on the forum, they are still active and it's key that some people might not be max earning and super active, there are still players that are just as important to our league!

Lightning McSnipe

My friend @Langostine joined the league a couple days ago, where he selected the San Diego Marlins. At first glance, I knew this was going to be very interesting, as SDM on paper is not a very good in the M currently. Riding a 3-18-2 record with a -46 GD makes them the worst team in the M currently. With only one capped player in Ray Stanton and an incomplete roster, it will be very difficult for this team to qualify for the playoffs. Regardless, McSnipe joined the team and finally played in his first games a couple days ago, where today he scored his first ever goal, two to be exact, in one game, helping San Diego secure their third win of the season. With 4 points in 6 games played, McSnipe could have a fairly decent season in his waiver season, on a pretty bad team. I'm hyped to see how he's going to be in the future, as he is very hyped about the VHL and won't stop yapping about it.

Wayne Shotzky

Shotzky has been around longer than McSnipe, as they are a S92 and had amazing success when they played in the M. They put up over 100 points and were a very solid player for the Ottawa Lynx, however, they have made the jump to the E this season, playing for the Stockholm Vikings. The Vikings seem to be a playoff team in the E, but they are right on the bubble sitting in the fourth place spot. @Kenamatic has had a great time in the league, but the crazy thing is his player always performs. In the E currently, he has 24 points in 24 games played, and is a +11 on the Vikings, despite being at only 257 TPE, around 150 off the cap for the E. I don't know what kind of magic this guy has been performing, but being able to perform at both the M and E level despite maybe not be the best player on paper is very impressive. On top of that, they are forever immortalized in the M hall of fame, taking home the Ethan Osborne Trophy (Most Points) in S92. An exceptional career in both the M and the E for him so far and hopefully he can continue this pace one day at the VHL level.

Toddly Bobbly

Last, is ToddlyBobbly, who is a S91 and the first one to join and stick around for a while. @ToddlyBobbly has had an exceptional goalie career so far, especially in the M where he helped lead the Saskatoon Wild to a championship, securing both the Founder's Cup in S91 and also the Skylar Rift Trophy (Playoff MVP). An exceptional 12-3-2 record with a .928 and 1.76 in the playoffs was his stat line, helping him secure such awards. In the E, he split time with Oslo before being called up with Toronto the season after. He was able to have a 14-14-6 record with a .923 and a 3.1 GAA. Now in the VHL for the Toronto Legion, he has a 3-1-0 record with a .891 and a 3.25 as the backup. Eventually, he will probably become a very good backup or average starter, where he will easily be able to find a team if he stays active. Another amazing player that dominated the lower leagues and is looking to make his impact felt on a bigger stage very soon.

Overall, all of them have one thing in common, and that's they enjoy the league. They are maybe not the most active in chats, but they truly do love checking how their team and players are doing every single day. A reminder to us all that every single player has a member behind them.

Edited by badcolethetitan