Quick Thoughts

Got to blast out an article in the short free-time I’ve got since I’m going to be busy all day Sunday, so here we go!

Gretzky On Top

Happy to see Wayne Gretzky currently leading the VHLE in points and in the top 10’s in both points and assists. While the points chase is very close since there’s only one point separating myself and Nathan Ecker, it looks like Gretzky is crushing the Points per 20 standings, as Gretzky’s 1.12 is currently .12 ahead of the nearest challenger VHLE lifer Bjorkabjorn BjornaBjorkson. +/- for Gretzky was also initially low at the start of the season but has boosted up to 5th in the league and the highest of any player not on the Cologne Express. Think a big reason for the success is Gretzky’s 82 in puck handling, which seems to be the go-to attribute in the VHLE since the hybrid attribute changes.

The Broken Everything Project

I’ll admit I’m a little disappointed in how the whole project is going, not because I don’t think I’m doing well, but it’s just so unfortunate that the timing worked the way that it did. For a reminder for those who didn’t see, I decided to enter the VHL Draft with the lowest possible TPE amount (30 TPE) and only earn TPE following my draft with the idea to see 1) How low I’d fall in the draft and 2) How quickly I could climb up the rankings. However, I somehow managed to time this project with by far our worst ever recruitment class and I’ve already found myself in a position where I can justify my selection of 11th overall in the VHL Draft since I’m already 11th in the class in TPE. If I’d held out on the project a season more and joined the Season 93 Draft, I’d have been lined up against 31 players who’ve already crossed 200 TPE, which is more players than I think were even selected in the VHL Draft. I guess the aim from here though is how high can I eventually finish in TPE for the draft class and how well will I transition statistically to the VHL

Season 94 Draft

I’ve already done some prep for the Season 94 Draft since Jacob, Jacob’s Dad and Leandro all very kindly donated for a Season 94 visualizer, which I’ll start work on once the declaring deadline for the class is closed. The thing that I found particularly stood out about this class was how many players are coming into this draft recreating with max TPE. I’m pretty sure when I checked I counted 15 players who recreated with the maximum 50 TPE on top of their base level, which is an incredibly high figure given that the 8 players from the Season 84 class (where quite a few of the members in this class were also selected) who recreated with max TPE was already a very high figure. It’s a class that’s a little underwhelming in terms of depth, but there are 30 players currently averaging more than a welfare claims worth of capped TPE per week, so there should at least be two solid rounds of picks