I got my point task for the week done before Sunday

scoop

For the first time in what seems like a while, I got my weekly point task done earlier than the Sunday deadline. I got it done so far in advance, that it was technically early, as I ended up writing two media spots today. The first one was intended to be a media spot. That was my task for the week ending today, 4/7. After I wrote that, I still needed to write up a VHL.com article, and I decided to write about how my predictions are looking thus far. I figured that would be something I could type up some words about real quick, without having to use too much brainpower, while watching the movie Gone Baby Gone. By the time I finished, I checked the word count and it was over 500, so I decided to just say hey, that'll be my point task for next week instead. That did, however, leave me needing something to write about for my VHL.com article. So I decided to just write about what literally just happened.

I could check my word count right now to see if this is long enough already, and it probably is, but I'll keep going for a bit. I just want to touch on one of the trivia questions I had this week. The question was something like "When did Alex Kachur retire," which is yet another terrible trivia question. Let's just ignore for a second that the Alex Kachur in question was a 71 TPE player whose entirely playing career was 14 games in the VHLM, making this an entirely irrelevant player. The question seems more designed to trick people than to even be a trivia question. You could go into the player retirements forum and pick almost any random player and it would be a more reasonable question than this one. Why? Because this Alex Kachur isn't even the only Alex Kachur to have been created in the VHL. Now, given the possible answers, the original Alex Kachur who played from S4 to S9 was obviously not who was being asked about, but they did still exist, and they actually played in the VHL. There has also been an Alexander Kachur and an Alexander Kachur II. While these are not the players in question who are being asked about, and maybe the other possible answers did not include their playing careers, it still begs the question: why is there a trivia question specifically asking when Alex Kachur retired? I was thinking, after I had that question, that maybe we should just do away with trivia altogether and allow people to do a second VHL.com task. But now, as I sit here typing up all this crap, I realize this is what would happen if I had to write two of these a week. Which is exactly what happened this week, as my first one turned into a media spot.

Oh, would you look at that, I'll be at 500 words by the time I finish typing this sentence. Whoops.