Another Eagles joins the league

Greg_Di

With one Eagles on his last season (Henry) and leaving the VHL, another one enters to continue the Dynasty.

This time Roger Eagles joins the VHL, a cousin to former all-star Greg Eagles, and a player that has been training under Greg over the last few seasons. While the competition at the goalie position will be tough, Roger believes he has what it takes to not only be a starter in the league but also one of the top goalies in the league.

Scouting reports are suggesting this is one of the most talented Eagles to yet join the league, starting off hockey at a very early age and being surrounded by Greg, Tom and Henry has helped Roger grow into a very competitive player. We spoke to Roger on why he decided on the goalie position.

" I just loved the position and thought it was time for an Eagles to be back in the net in the VHL" Roger said " I have been training to be a goalie since I was a child and yes I know im entering the league when there is an influx of goalies currently playing but that does not dissuade me from joining at this position. If anything it helps me be more motivated and more focused to earn that VHL starting spot. I think I will be spending some extra seasons in the juniors to help build on my game. I know no previous Eagles has done this but there is always a first for everything"

Roger has not yet joined a VHLM team but rumors have it that he may end up joining San Diego this season as they currently do not have a starting goalie. If he does end up joining San Diego, he will be following the same path as Greg Eagles who also first played for the Marlines when he entered the league back in season 66.

" I am excited to get started, I am excited to forge my own path and I am excited to continue the Eagles dynasty here in the VHL " Roger said "I will be working hard to ensure our name sake stays relevant in this league and will be working hard to become the first ever Eagles to try and grace that elusive hall of game"

While Roger comes highly touted, not many people have seen him play. He has been hidden from the public eye and has not played many junior games, instead he was consistently training at Greg Eagles goalie camp. Any games that he did play in junior, there was a strict no videography or photography allowed. From people that saw him though, everyone has said that he looks like a much improved version of Greg Eagles at his prime. If that is the case then this young goalie will take the league by storm.

The one caveat is that the VHL's scoring has been significantly going up this season as the forwards get better, will Roger, who has not played any professional hockey yet, be able to handle this uptick in goal scoring skill? It will be an interesting journey as we once again follow another Eagles from start to finish.