Looking back at my players, part 1

Every time I start a new player in the VHL, I think about the history I have with this league, so I thought it would be fun to do a cursory revisit on the players I've had in the VHL since joining around Season 30. As the title suggests, this will be broken into two parts.

My first player here in the VHL was Till Lindemann, a heavy, shutdown defender where I roleplayed the singer from Rammstein. That was fun until real life got in the way and Till more or less went inactive. Not an auspicious start. Further, last year [2023] the real life Till Lindemann was accused of some pretty heinous shit, particularly as it comes to sex crimes. I haven't looked into the current status of those allegations, but needless to say as a fan of Rammstein's music and persona since 1997, it was deeply unsettling, and I have regrets about my first player here being modeled after Lindemann.

Next was Christoph Klose, which was a really fun player to have. In this case, I was roleplaying my old SHL player coming out of retirement in the "rival" VHL. Klose was my most successful player, and was an excellent two-way forward. For anyone who's read a number of my pieces, undoubtedly you've seen me say things like "Klose was a Lord Karnage away from being a Hall of Famer". That was because Lord Karnage was frequently a quarter of a step ahead of Klose in key categories, which meant that he won a multitude of individual awards while Klose was the runner up. Still, winning 3 Cups in 5 seasons with 3 different teams, and getting to the finals in the other 2 seasons, is a hell of an accomplishment.