Avoiding Banishment

Grape

Since I will be doing a VHLM playoff breakdown later next week, I felt it redundant to write my usual deadline rankings. At the same time, I kinda need to do a media spot to ensure Spartan does not banish me to Warsaw for not max earning, so I suppose I will do a bit of a casual around the league sort of thing. Since I pretty much exclusively focus on the M, it’ll be a nice change of pace to look at the other leagues as well.

The VHL

Taking a glance at the VHL, it appears to be a tale of two conferences. The NA conference has pretty much been Toronto’s conference all season long, and while Seattle has turned in somewhat recently and pushed, Toronto is still somewhat comfortable in first. Their goal differential is pretty insane compared to the rest of the conference, looking like a true offensive juggernaut. There is one playoff spot still up for grabs. Chicago is occupying that spot for now, but Calgary or Vancouver have a chance to take it from them. The EU conference has been shifting around like crazy throughout the season. Seeding has been completely up in the air. Moscow was riding high for a fair while, then fell off, especially at the deadline. A couple Moscow players have cooled off after their hot start, and the team now is kind of mid, despite what their roster looks like on paper. All playoff spots are locked off, with Moscow edging Helsinki out for that final spot, although nothing is set in stone. Point difference between 1st and 5th is 9. It’s pretty much anyone’s conference.

The VHLE

The worst league is showing some parity this season, which is somewhat typical. Feel like in such a small league, it’s hard for teams to separate from one another. There is a pretty clear divide as to who is good and who sucks. Oslo, Cologne (shocker) and Vasteras all relatively close together and all pretty good, whereas Stockholm, Rome, and Bratislava are all pretty bad. Bratislava is the first team to be eliminated from contention, and it is down to Rome and Stockholm for who gets that last spot. Stockholm is marginally better and should take it, and have a chance to do so next sim.

The VHLM

Feels nice being first. Ottawa has gone back to what won them the Cup a handful of seasons ago, with strong defense and a balanced offense, and has maintained top play past the trade deadline while, as per usual, not getting any waivers. Halifax has been battling for that top spot honors all season long, but there has been a little bit of separation as of late. Vegas has fallen off after looking like they were going to hold down the top spot in the Western Conference, but Saskatoon has surged upwards and looks like the best team on paper. Most playoff spots have been secured, with only one spot remaining. It will be a battle between Mexico City and Miami, as San Diego is officially eliminated from contention. There’s a pretty big breakdown in the league. Top teams are Ottawa, Halifax, Saskatoon, and Houston. Mid teams are Vegas, Philly, and Mississauga. Mexico City, Miami, and San Diego make up the bad teams.

(550 words)