What Inker Belle thinks of humans

Inkling-Girl.png

"Inker Belle, why do you think humans are fascinating?" An older orange haired Inkling says as she talks to her daughter after a game with her college league "it's just a bit of an odd obsession for Inklings"

"Well mom, I just find the fact that a species we thought was extinct in our world were still alive in another!" Inker Belle smiles as she drinks some water "what part of that is not fascinating? So many things we thought they did are true! I was so surprised to find out that those pianos things were just for music, I thought they were just for warning people with sounds or something like that"

"Yes yes I know Inker, it's still slightly odd. Especially since you rejected the idea of being an historian for playing this human sport know as hockey"

"Hey I'm good at it ain't I?" Inker smiles as they walk out of the arena, getting nods and thumbs up for the home team crowd. It was still better than the stares they got when Inklings and Octolings first came into the human world, but Inker's Mom still feels a bit odd with all the attention her and her daughter were getting.

"Soo are we going to get some food after this?" Inker asks as they get into their small car. "I can pay for it, I got money"

"Yeah that does sound nice Inker. Also I think you should learn to drive yourself if you are going to be a player in the VHL, I cannot just drive you everywhere."

"Yeah I'm going to take the test soon, and I told you I hady learners permit and I could drive us right now!"

"I'm not trusting you to drive this expensive car that far until you get your driver's license!" Her Mom says as Inker gives her a slightly annoyed look "besides, you got your own car to drive. I'm mostly just saying that it is time for you to be truly independent soon, and you proved to me that you can live somewhere without me with your dorm. So once you enter the VHLM, I will not be living with you anymore, you'll be on your own"

"Yeah I know mom" Inker smiles a bit "don't worry, I will be fine! The teams say they will provide a condo for me, and I will have humans in the apartment to talk to!"

"Just don't be overbearing Inker" Her mom sighs "also have you heard from any teams yet?"

"Umm no" Inker admits "but I did join the draft rather late, so I understand. By the way, are you in the mood for seafood? Like I said, I will buy"

"That does sound nice" as they eat at a local seafood restaurant, Inker keeps waving excitedly at some of the VHL press people who had decided to eat at the same place in order to scout out a different person "that's what I'm talking about Inker, you can't force fame"

"Would be nice if the noticed me" Inker pouts "but I guess the best thing to do is to be the best I can be, then they will notice me!"

"That's the spirit dear" her mom smiles before she munches on a shrimp.