MubbleFubbles Writes About Oslo, Goalie Starts and Potential Hidden Gems of Season 94 Draft

Oslo Back In The Finals

The Oslo Storm have secured themselves a place in the Renaissance Cup final yesterday, with their 3-1 win over the Stockholm Vikings sealing a 4-1 series victory over the Swedish team. It marks the first time Oslo have made the final since Season 88, which was the last of four consecutive final appearances for the Norwegian side between Season 85 and Season 88. It will be interesting to see who will join them in the final; the Cologne Express are looking to make their fifth straight Renaissance Cup final appearance but they currently find themselves down 3-2 in their series with the Vasteras Iron Eagles.

The Spirit Of Competition

It sounds like LA are potentially looking at having their chances of winning first overall in the lottery slashed after starting LAS-G2 for 19 games this season. Those 19 starts are 11 starts over the current threshold for BOT goalies to start when a team already has a goalie over 250 TPE on their roster, which they have in the form of the active Matthew McCagg. I presume they’ll probably face similar punishments to that of Warsaw and Calgary following Season 90 and Seattle following Season 92, but an interesting note is the recurring problems that LA have had following this rule in comparison to the rest of the league. There have been nine instances since Season 83 of teams in the VHL breaking the spirit of competition threshold by three or more games and LA alone accounts for four of those instances (Six games over in Season 83, seven games over in Season 86, three games over in Season 89 and eleven games over this season). I don’t think there is any maliciousness here, but there does come a point where you need to figure out a system for submitting lines that makes your team compliant with the rules, especially given LA also has two Louth rule violations in that same timeframe.

Some Hidden Gems of The Season 94 Class

Figured I’d use the end of this article the same way I ended my last one by talking about the Season 94 class, but while last time focused more on the top guys, figured this time I’d highlight some players who could potentially be good value for a team later on in the draft. Ty Duke is currently sitting 29th in total TPE, but they’ve been displaying some good consistency recently in submitting for press conferences and trivia to help them consistently get around the 7-8 capped TPE mark each week. Dorji Khan currently sits in 25th place in TPE and, while they didn’t earn any capped TPE in their first four weeks in the league, they’ve more than made up for that over the last month, earning at least 9 capped TPE in each of the last four weeks. I’m also interested to see how high the highest earning First-Gen Andrew Skilton goes in this draft. Skilton has max capped in each of the last seven weeks, but this is a particularly strong top-end class as there are ten recreates in this class that have hit the 12 capped TPE mark every single week.