The trade warrior

jRuutu

castingcouch0000.jpg

Moscow Menace has managed to acquire the 1st and 2nd overall picks in the S94 VHL draft. Moscow GM Euron Leonidas has received praise for their work behind the scenes, it is not often you see a team have a strong season and then a few weeks later pick first and second in the draft while still having a roster that looks solid enough to compete in the upcoming season.  

Whispers coming from those present around the negotiation tables state the atmosphere in the negotiations has been closer to a "casting couch"- type of vibe than a serious setting where deals are being negotiated between hockey organizations. Moscow Menace GM Euron Leonidas reportedly inserts power and dominance by first explaining how big of a favor Euron is doing to the other teams by even taking the time to be present. Then Euron continues talking down to the teams by pointing out their mistakes while also carefully pointing out the good moves the other teams have made, for example: "Ooh, player x, I really wanted them the draft" and "You have done a great job with the roster you have". Finally, Euron circles back by saying how big of a help Euron and Moscow could be to the teams.   

The actual location of the negotiations is usually not some fancy office or a conference room. According to the rumors, Euron prefers to have the meetings at the back of a laundromat and in a small office with only one leather couch and a simple desk in the room. Those who have witnessed the negotiations between Moscow and other teams have stated that Euron does not shy away from little gambling if there are multiple interesting options. One source claims Euron offered to wrestle the other team's GM in a classic, shirtless, "the winner deal is done" - match. 

xNbKwVh.png

As the reputation of Euron Leonidas has grown some general managers have started to wonder if they have what it takes to say no to Euron. An anonymous source close to one GM claims Euron approached the GM outside the building before the meeting and went on to say the following words to the GM: "I like you and I want to trade with you. We can do this the hard way or the easy way, the choice is yours". Then Euron reportedly forced the other GM to walk inside the building holding on to Euron's pants pocket that was turned inside out. 

Like it or not - Moscow Menace and Euron Leonidas have started a new trend, a solid team on the ice and still picking first in the draft. The league is, without a doubt, looking at the recent developments in shock. This type of dominance has not been seen in the league since Vancouver Wolves managed to win multiple championships in a row with players that would struggle to make it to most EU teams' second lines today. Some will call it luck, some will call it fair play, but if you ask me - one team and general manager has stepped over the line - Moscow Menace and Euron Leonidas.

22 hours ago, jRuutu said:

"I like you and I want to trade with you. We can do this the hard way or the easy way, the choice is yours". Then Euron reportedly forced the other GM to walk inside the building holding on to Euron's pants pocket that was turned inside out. 

Can confirm this is how I traded with @Moon and @dstevensonjr

7 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

You are mistaken. Allegedly everyone else does not know how to drive ;)

The other GM knows how to drive, not Euron