Setting Goals For S94

I think that it's important to set goals for each season, but I struggle with which kinds of goals to set. It's definitely tempting to set statistical goals, especially when comparing against previous seasons and the need to try and set new career highs. The only issue with that is that statistical production is prone to impact from outside forces, namely other teams and their ability to stop people from scoring. With that concern in mind, I think that it's better to aim for improvements related to TPE, as well as specific attributes. Setting a goal to hit a certain TPE level by the end of the season is more practical, as well as fully in your control.

I'm starting this season with the following goals in mind:

1. Reach 1300 TPE by the rollover from S94 to S95.

- I'm currently at 1149 TPE, so it would require gaining 151 TPE between now and the end of S94, which should be roughly around mid-July. Ways to ensure that this happens is hitting the 13 TPE a week (12 capped plus practice facility) that is doable, plus adding the uncapped TPE package that was purchased to give an additional 4 TPE for five weeks, and making sure to hit doubles week and all of the fantasy zones throughout the season. 

2. Set a career high in one of the G.A.P. categories.

- I know that I said statistical goals were not controllable, but I'd still like to top one of my career bests in the Goals, Assists, and Points categories. My bet is that it will be in the goal scoring category, as my player has been plagued by horrible shooting luck (6.84% and 6.13% the last two seasons after shooting 8.92% my first season) recently, and I hope is primed for a goal scoring breakout. The shots have definitely come, especially last season with 526. Being 8th in shots in the league while finishing with the 120th best shooting percentage is something that I hope bounces back.

3. Help create a more active Locker Room for Toronto.

- I've been fortunate to be a part of some very active locker rooms in Saskatoon as an AGM and in Bratislava as a player. My time in Toronto has definitely been enjoyable so far, and the room isn't exactly a deserted place, but I'd like to bring some things that I've learned and seen in my previous stops to continue to make the locker room a place that players, prospects, and anyone else in the organization can enjoy themselves and have fun on a day to day basis.

4. Improve specific attributes

- With all that TPE from point 1, it has to go somewhere, right? I'd like to get my PH and DF ratings up to a 94, get my ST rating up to the max 99, and get my SC rating up to 90. I've got a mapped out plan to get to those levels, just have to stick with it for the season.

That's everything for this season! I'll try to remember to check back at the end of the season to see how they've all turned out!

Don't forget to set your own goals for this season!