The Last Ride

It is currently the off-season for S94 and I wanted to quickly congratulate the Seattle Bears for winning the Continental Cup before diving into the rest of this article. I also wanted to say thank you to the league. I appreciate yet another nomination for the Aiden Shaw award this season. Sparks has had an incredible career so far but sadly all great rides must eventually come to an end. I’m sure most of you know that Ash Sparks must retire at the end of this season but for those that didn’t- well now you do. 

“I was thinking of retiring last season.. but I owe it to my team and all of the people that believed in me since coming to Malmo- to give them 1 last ride.” -Ash Sparks, Goaltender and Captain of the Malmo Nighthawks.

The Malmo Nighthawks just had legendary back-to-back Victory Cup winning seasons, and Sparks has been playing incredibly since his arrival in S89. He currently sits 39 wins behind the all-time Malmo record, and only needs 1 more shutout to claim that record too. Sparks has accumulated a 183-98-31 winning record over 315 games played for the Nighthawks thus far as we are heading into his final season. 

If he can secure another Victory Cup, any personal hardware, or claim those records; he may see his jersey hanging from the rafters in the Nighthawks arena some day.

(234 words)