I won the JST and I dont even care!

Yep you heard me, I won JST gold and I had like 2 goals and 8 assists in 10 games. But the problem is... I dont care! This tournament needs to be reserved for new gens instead of old ass bums like me clogging up the first line and taking all the points (I scored the gold winning goal by the way). People are talking about creating a server for new player mentorship how about we give them their own tournament and maybe even ship them off on a discord server alone and only let them in the regular VHL discord 1 year in. How about we only let players created a second player if they win a cup and have atleast 400 career points? The new gens need to feel supported and I know the best way to do that is to lock them away with eachother, maybe rory can look after them?

• Commissioner
57 minutes ago, Hogan said:

This tournament needs to be reserved for new gens instead of old ass bums like me clogging up the first line and taking all the points

Normally I would never say this but I completely agree with you…

Ingot drafted for it and was like “why am I even eligible for this?” Like it exists so that new people who join during the playoffs have something to do because they can’t get added to VHLM lines. It shouldn’t be for recreates who just happen to have not made the playoffs.

I agree, but we need the recreates to fill out the lineups or else we just don't have the tournament half of the seasons and those low recruitment seasons become even lower retention seasons.

23 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

I agree, but we need the recreates to fill out the lineups or else we just don't have the tournament half of the seasons and those low recruitment seasons become even lower retention seasons.

Just throw a bunch of vhlm players in there instead. Cap it at 250 tpe which was the old vhlm cap

1 hour ago, mattyIceman said:

Just throw a bunch of vhlm players in there instead. Cap it at 250 tpe which was the old vhlm cap

The JST currently contains everyone who hasn't been VHL drafted and has not played in the VHLE yet. Which is 95% of the VHLM anyways. Adding in players that have played in the VHLE would have added 1 player, who was a recreate. Changing the cap doesn't do anything since we don't do updates during the tournament so everyone would be at or below 200 anyways.

There's no real clean way to add more first-gens if no more first-gens exist. But hey if JST GMs decide to prioritize playing their first-gens over recreates I know I would love that! Same for the VHLM GMs to be honest!