Cap Space

There are only 3 games left for season 94, and I was looking at the VHL team finances and discovered something interesting.  The cap space of each team is spread from a whole lot of cap space to exceeding cap space.  This is a breakdown of the teams’ cap space.  I’m only doing this for the 2 TPE, as I dont have a clue what this indicates!

North American Conference

1st Toronto Legion - exceeding $1,500,000

2nd Seattle Bears - exceeding $2,000,000

3rd Vancouver Wolves - cap space $1,650,000

4th Chicago Phoenix - cap space $3,000,000

5th New York Americans - cap space $200,000

6th Calgary Wranglers - cap space $15,000,000

7th DC Dragons - cap space $16,250,000

8th Los Angeles Stars - cap space $25,500,000

European Conference

1st London United - cap space $2,600,000

2nd Malmo Nighthawks - exceeding $2,500,000

3rd Riga Reign - cap space $4,650,000

4th Warsaw Predators - cap space $1,000,000

5th Moscow Menace - exceeding $2,000,000

6th HC Davos Dynamo - cap space $4,330,000

7th Helsinki Titans - cap space $23,800,000

8th Prague Phantoms - cap space $30,870,000

169 words

Hi Thunder,

All teams are cap compliant. The finance tab on the teams' rosters does not take into account the Backup Goalie Cap Deduction (rule 2.8). If you have a human backup, up to 2.5 Mill of the backup's salary can be deducted from Cap use. 

Just as a PSA :)

12 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

Just as a PSA :)

Thanks for the PSA, I had to look it up and came up with Prostate specific antigen!!  Then I found what you meant… appreciate that explanation.  I thought maybe someone could carry over cap space and go over the next season, but now that I’ve received the PSA, I understand even more of this league!!!   Thx

2 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

Interesting to see these breakdowns!  Is there a cap floor?

No, Cap floor but we do have a min player per roster; which is set to 6 players so the lowest cap hit could be is 9M but would be very unlikely!!

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

Interesting to see these breakdowns!  Is there a cap floor?

Technically no, practically yes. The Cap floor rule has been abandoned in S58. A team must have 6 players on the roster (I guess three forwards, 2 D and a netminder, but it is not explicitely mentioned). If we assume all of them are ELC of 1.5 Mill the de facto floor is nine million.

(Rule 1.2 and 2.2 for reference)

EDIT: I rushed in and only noticed after posting that Gaikoku-hito has already explained the matter. Just to clarify that I do not perceive you as dense that you need to be told everything twice ;)

Edited by Daniel Janser

15 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

No, Cap floor but we do have a min player per roster; which is set to 6 players so the lowest cap hit could be is 9M but would be very unlikely!!

Makes sense! Thanks for the clarification!

7 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

Technically no, practically yes. The Cap floor rule has been abandoned in S58. A team must have 6 players on the roster (I guess three forwards, 2 D and a netminder, but it is not explicitely mentioned). If we assume all of them are ELC of 1.5 Mill the de facto floor is nine million.

(Rule 1.2 and 2.2 for reference)

EDIT: I rushed in and only noticed after posting that Gaikoku-hito has already explained the matter. Just to clarify that I do not perceive you as dense that you need to be told everything twice ;)

It’s all good!  You added the rule reference which is also helpful, so thanks! 🙏🏻 

I’ve been known to gloss over the rules, lol sometimes I do need to be told twice! 😝

11 minutes ago, LucyXpher said:

It’s all good!  You added the rule reference which is also helpful, so thanks! 🙏🏻 

I’ve been known to gloss over the rules, lol sometimes I do need to be told twice! 😝

Better then me than since I think it took me a full career before I even knew where the rules where!! LOL!! Still need a reminder once in awhile!! 😁

1 minute ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Better then me than since I think it took me a full career before I even knew where the rules where!! LOL!! Still need a reminder once in awhile!! 😁

Yeah, I’m trying to get a head start on the rulebook because it’s going to take me a minute to actually remember stuff, plus I have a tendency to misremember things so I have to keep it all straight 😅