Onto the All-Time TPE Leaderboard

scoop

With this VHL.com article and the rest of my pending updates for the week, I will reach 1787 TPE with Jacob Stone. This will put him 25th on the All-Time TPE Leaderboard, passing Hard Markinson. With two seasons left in Stone's career, I expect to climb up several more ranks. How high could I go? My current projects have me finishing somewhere between 2050 and 2100 TPE, which would be good for fifth. However, Mac Atlas and Skor McFleury are still going, and I anticipate they will reach marks that I will not be able to beat. That being said, I'd guess that I'm seventh at the time of my retirement, but I wouldn't be surprised to be knocked out of the top ten by the time the S94 draft class finishes their careers.

When Markinson falls off of the top 25, it will leave just two players left from before the VHLE era, which gives players an extra season of earning TPE. Although I will certain pass him in TPE, it's still more impressive that Ryan Kastelic (S63) reached 2000 TPE at the time that he did. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (S66), who had 1828 TPE, is the only other pre-80 on the list. I expect more and more players to start eclipsing 2000 TPE, but considering how long Kastelic was on top, and the fact that no one was particularly close, I'm not sure we'll see someone dominate their era like he did any time soon. I'm speaking strictly in terms of TPE here; Kastelic's playing career wasn't particularly outstanding.