Eating the Frog First

This is the first week in a while I completely forgot Sunday happened and Monday is almost done and I’m just getting my TPE ready!

Media Spot recapping Week 4 will happen, maybe tonight who knows. But I wanted to ramble a few words out that weren’t me doing my duties assigned to me by myself or the nature of the jobs I’ve chosen to do.

Jillian Woods is pretty fun, I must say. I took a much different approach to building this time with Woods at least compared to Wolanin. Instead of diving towards whatever got me an STHS attribute the fastest, that I would eventually have gotten anyways, I’m really getting the hard TPE out of the way first. I’ll be dropping 20 TPE into getting an attribute from 97 to 99 this week, and getting that DF to 90. And then I won’t have to think about it ever again, until I go buy my Jagrs. Next season is all about pushing the scoring up. Woods can skate and she’s got a great head on her shoulders, and that’s gotten her WAY farther than I had expected, but she’ll need to become a primary play-driver if she hopes to survive on the talent-heavy Menace. You have to earn your space and your ice time, which is an incredible dynamic for someone like me, who loves to dig deep and compete in the earning category.

22 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

if she hopes to survive on the talent-heavy Menace. You have to earn your space and your ice time, which is an incredible dynamic for someone like me, who loves to dig deep and compete in the earning category.

That's honestly super cool to hear about, I feel like a lot of times you can be a great earner and just force your way into being the star player on a team early in your career but that we're so talent heavy, there genuinely is a lot of competition for ice time and utilization. I remember when @Knight was early in his career that he'd say that he felt like he had to do more than he was used to doing in order to really earn a roster spot and a role on the team. It's amazing that he's now one of the best players in the league just off of his own grit to grind and crack 1k TPE and a first-line role. I hope we can maintain Moscow as that kind of competitive environment where people are motivated to be doing their best to fill a role on the team or earn their way into a more prominent role.