Apples and fists

jRuutu

Petit Hughie, 5' 5" and 140 lb vs Jarmo Ruutu, 6' 3" and 213 lb. The fight between the two players has once again got many to wonder whether fights should be removed from the game of hockey completely. Some of the fans see the fights as unnecessary risks that can cause serious injuries and the fights also set a bad example to younger fans. Those who like fights are also starting to shift their stands as the game does not have that many enforcers anymore, so the fights tend to be uneven and between players who should not drop the gloves.

The game between Prague and Moscow was 5-0 for Moscow when Hughie and Ruutu dropped the gloves. The fight went as you might expect with such a big size difference, Ruutu was the clear winner.  After the game, Jarmo Ruutu himself commented on the fight by saying: "I had 3 assists by that point, all first assists too by the way, so when Hughie wanted to drop the gloves I answered the call. Not because I am a big fighter but because I am a charitable guy, I have so much to give, I like sharing. I share the puck and my fists too."

Edited by jRuutu

Woah man, I only dropped the gloves because you decided to blow us out by 7. Normally I would've won that fight, but I was caught a glimpse of Annie just before you landed that last punch. If Annie hadn't been there distracting me, I guarantee you that I would've won. 

On 9/13/2024 at 12:31 AM, Sen said:

Woah man, I only dropped the gloves because you decided to blow us out by 7. Normally I would've won that fight, but I was caught a glimpse of Annie just before you landed that last punch. If Annie hadn't been there distracting me, I guarantee you that I would've won. 

That was a mistake, everybody knows you need to replace the person you are fighting with in your mind with the person you actually want to punch.  Now you pictured Annie there watching and not on my place. Big mistake and like you said, you got distracted.