All Good Things...

:dav:

Davos, Switzerland -- Following a longer run than many expected, HC Davos Dynamo's Cinderella story is over. The team fell to the Riga Reign in a shutout in Game 6, bringing a close to the series and setting up a Riga v. Toronto finals.

But while the mood in the Davos locker room after the game was down, it certainly wasn't outright sad. Rather, there was an understanding that the team still played much better than many expected, getting to Game 6 of the conference finals in a season where some weren't sure they would make the playoffs.

"We've been playing well these entire playoffs, so I can't hate that we dropped these last two. Sometimes, that's just the way the puck bounces," said center Antonia Bucatini, who ends the playoffs as the team's leading scorer. "It was a good run, and it gives us confidence that we're a team that can get this far."

Indeed, expectations may now be heightened for Davos entering next season. While David Jokinen, Yaroslov Trunov and James MacEvoy will be hanging it up after the season, the majority of the team will be returning with another offseason of training under their belt. Add in the expected call-ups of David Pastanap and Alphonse Desjardins, and the team's roster may already be set for opening day next season.

That's far in the future, however. For now, Bucatini and the rest of the team may be headed on a long-deserved vacation. "This is the longest season I've ever had playing hockey. It gets tiring, let me tell you," she added. "It's time to see some family, some friends, some fun, and come out next season even better."