JST Rush Press Conference

:yuk: JST Rush Press Conference :yuk:

For week ending 9/29

Feel free to answer three questions for 1 TPE or all six questions for 2 TPE. Just a reminder: you may only post one Press Conference claim per week.

1. Hello and welcome to the S95 Junior Showcase Tournament! What's your player's name, what position do they play, and what type of a player are you building them to be?

1.  Have you already had experience with the Junior Showcase Tournament, either with your current player, or a previous one?

1. How do you expect your player to perform in the tournament?

1. What are your expectations for the Rush in this tournament?

1. The  drafts are approaching. Where do you expect to be drafted, and has any team interviewed you yet?

1. The offseason tournaments are a great way to showcase (sorry) your player's skills in front of the scouts. What are some areas of the game the scouts may find extra enticing?

@Ricer13 @twists @Plate @Kyle Evans @Rjdixon01 @Jonny @Qu1nn @Shadowpac16 @Dabnad @MrMom @McGriddy10 @AJW @Flabebseth @okochastar @Bombshuka @blueredlover

Edited by VattghernCZ

On 9/27/2024 at 12:20 PM, VattghernCZ said:

For week ending 9/29

Feel free to answer three questions for 1 TPE or all six questions for 2 TPE. Just a reminder: you may only post one Press Conference claim per week.

1. Hello and welcome to the S95 Junior Showcase Tournament! What's your player's name, what position do they play, and what type of a player are you building them to be?

1.  Have you already had experience with the Junior Showcase Tournament, either with your current player, or a previous one?

1. The  drafts are approaching. Where do you expect to be drafted, and has any team interviewed you yet?

1. The offseason tournaments are a great way to showcase (sorry) your player's skills in front of the scouts. What are some areas of the game the scouts may find extra enticing?

@Ricer13 @twists @Plate @Kyle Evans @Rjdixon01 @Jonny @Qu1nn @Shadowpac16 @Dabnad @MrMom @McGriddy10 @AJW @Flabebseth @okochastar @Bombshuka @blueredlover

1. Joel Jakobs, Center, I'm building him to be a playmaking two way forward with really good faceoff stats. The plan is to be an essential piece with all the other high shooting builds around and fill a gap in teams that couldn't be filled otherwise.

2. I've never been involved in this because every season my player is either too good or too bad to participate. Really it just comes down to being at 200 TPE when the right moment hits, this happened to be one of them.

3. I'm expecting a PPG with a positive +/-. Other than that I have no expectations. Jakobs just won the founder's cup so I'm interested to see how he does against even tougher challenges.

4. I'm expecting to go to the finals. Win or lose that should be the standard for the team at this point. 

5. I expect to be drafted in the top 10 since there aren't that many good forwards in the draft and I just happen to be one of them. There are also like no pure centers and a rebuilding team or a team that could use some short term center depth would love to have my players build on the team I think. 

6. Hopefully, if the build works as intended, the special teams should be a big area that gets a lot of attention. A lot of pure offensive players are always available so getting a good two way forward is just one of the best ways to secure top line special teams in the future.

1 Michael Lee Jr, Center, Sydney Crosby type pass first player.

2 No, just starting out on the site.

3 I'm hoping to pass quite a bit and otherwise set up my teammates.

4 I'd like to get to the finals, but it's all an experience thing.

5 I have no real expectations as to where I'm drafted, but the GM of Halifax has already had me in for an interview.

6 I hope to have my passing be at the forefront of what happens.

For week ending 9/29

My name is Grog Strongjaw and I come from a lineage of heavy hitting Strongjaws. I am a Center. I would like to develop a sniper center but with great defensive capabilities.

No I have no experience in anything VHL related but it sounds really fun! I read about this league from reddit while searching for sim leagues to join because truthfully I dont own a gaming system and I work too much even if I did so I figured joining a sim league will help my "sport games shakes"

I believe I joined late so I don't expect much right now for Grog but that is okay!

To win it all!

I have no clue where I will be drafted but that's okay. I am just glad to be part of it.

Probably my name more than anything since Grog is so new he doesn't have much skill yet.

:yuk: JST Rush Press Conference :yuk:

1. We started strong, then fell apart for two sims, then came back with a 3-0 sim. We're all over the place! How would you rank our team compared to our opponents?

2. We have the luxury of having two strong goaltenders on our team. We've finally seen Ricer Fourteen debut and start 3 games so far, with 2-1 record, .909 SV% and 2.67 GAA. Do you think the confidence of the team changes when the goaltender, who's listed as backup on the paper, starts the game?

3. Kyle Evans, generally known as more of a playmaker, is leading the tournament in shooting percentage and leading our team in goals. How do you think he's managed to find such incredible goal scoring prowess?

4. Joel Jakobs is the new team scoring leader, currently sitting tied for 6th in points and tied for 4th in assists tournament-wide. Where do you think he'll rank when round robin is over?

5. Alagsantere Grønvold is currently leading the tournament in shots blocked, almost 20 ahead of 2nd place. Human body can't take this much abuse for long, what would be your recommendation for him about how to not fall apart after a few seasons?

6. Our newcomers, Michael Lee Jr and Grog Strongjaw, are yet to see their names on the scoresheet. But Michael helps the puck possession by good performance in the faceoff circle and underrated physicality, and Grog has a lot of untapped scoring potential (I can see some powerplay time coming). What would be your words of encouragement for the two?

@Ricer13 @twists @Plate @Kyle Evans @Rjdixon01 @Jonny @Qu1nn @Shadowpac16 @Dabnad @MrMom @McGriddy10 @AJW @Flabebseth @okochastar @Bombshuka @blueredlover @Grog Strongjaw

1. I blame those losses on me. They only happened the minute I joined. I take full responsibility due to being new. 

2. Ricer was the very first person to talk to me when I joined. I am glad he is our goalie regardless backup or not. He seems very knowledgeable, and I believe he has been here for a long time. I feel very comfortable with our full setup.

3. I think he will easily be a top 3 draft pick.

4. 7th

5. I will tell him not to worry, its a sim league, his body resets every game haha but seriously, if this was real, I would tell him to buy a hot tub. Gonna need those cold baths. 

6. No words. Grog got his first assist since you wrote this question. I would advise both of them to just be patient and keep getting TPE.

8 hours ago, Grog Strongjaw said:

Ricer was the very first person to talk to me when I joined. I am glad he is our goalie regardless backup or not. He seems very knowledgeable, and I believe he has been here for a long time. I feel very comfortable with our full setup.

Just similar names 😀 Ricer13 is our GM, his player is Spider Panda. And you're right, he's a seasoned pro and all around a great member of the comunity. Our goaltender Ricer Fourteen, is a player of a different member - Bombshuka. They're fairly new here, I don't think I've ever interacted with them so far 

:yuk: JST Rush Press Conference :yuk:

1. Round 1, game 7 is ahead of us. How confident are/were (if you're answering this later) that we can get past the Steel?

2. What could be the biggest X-Factor in the game 7 and possibly in the finals? Whether it's a player, a line, a special unit, a trait...anything and everything.

3. The Warriors-Royals series is heading to game 7 as well. Which one of these would you prefer to face in the finals?

4. In your opinion, who has been our playoff MVP so far?

5. How about your player's playoff performance, are you happy with it? Did they meet your expectations?

6. What team are you going to play for next season?

Since this is the last Rush press conference for this season, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all good luck in your careers, and to thank Ricer for the opportunity to help out as his AGM!

@Ricer13 @twists @Plate @Kyle Evans @Rjdixon01 @Jonny @Qu1nn @Shadowpac16 @Dabnad @MrMom @McGriddy10 @AJW @Flabebseth @okochastar @Bombshuka @blueredlover @Grog Strongjaw

1. Round 1, game 7 is ahead of us. How confident are/were (if you're answering this later) that we can get past the Steel?

it seems like both teams are evenly matched. I am not conident nor not confident. Its in the hands of the AI Gods.

2. What could be the biggest X-Factor in the game 7 and possibly in the finals? Whether it's a player, a line, a special unit, a trait...anything and everything.

defense

3. The Warriors-Royals series is heading to game 7 as well. Which one of these would you prefer to face in the finals?

it doesn't matter, truthfully to me, I am just glad to be in the playoffs haha

4. In your opinion, who has been our playoff MVP so far?

I am too new to say

5. How about your player's playoff performance, are you happy with it? Did they meet your expectations?

he could def be better lol and yes, becuse I knew he wouldnt do much being a new player

6. What team are you going to play for next season?

Miami