Claimed:Boychuk's First Interview as a Meute [Final: 6]

DollarAndADream

With Season 41 underway, there are some exciting times being produced on the ice for everyone to see. There has been a fair amount of player movement in the off-season, and it's not difficult to see that these players have found a home in the place that they have landed. Throughout the first couple of weeks, it may take some time to get used to a new environment but checking on their progress is going to be very interesting to watch. One of these players is Travis Boychuk, who his first 3 seasons in the VHL were played for the Calgary Wranglers. He has seemingly found his place in Quebec City, on a balanced offensive roster that many are not sure what to make of just yet.

Travis Boychuk has 9 points in his first 6 games so far, with 4 of them being goals. Now on his new club, he is not being relied upon as heavily as he has been in the past. This can only be positive for Boychuk as he wants to shine for his new team: the Quebec City Meute. With all this being said, tonight we have a sit-down with the newly acquired forward of Quebec City to capture his thoughts on it all.

-------------------------

frankie+mattson.jpg

Interviewer: With all of the things that happened last season, what was your reaction on the trade to a new team? It was unexpected for most.

TB: Although it was unknown to the majority of the league, the GM and I had some conversations after the playoffs on the future. The direction that the club was heading after Season 40 was not right for me, so I knew going into the off-season that I was heading somewhere else. It was not a surprise to me when it had happened, but it was a surprise that it had to at all.

Interviewer: Interesting. How do you feel now as a Meute now that you are there? Are they one of the teams you originally wanted to land with?

TB: Quebec City definitely has a huge passion for hockey. We have seen it for decades with the Montreal Canadiens and since the Meute became a team in the VHL. It is with great pleasure that I play for this city and my teammates here, and I look to assist in bringing them home a Cup. There were a few teams on the list of expected destinations, and this was definitely up there as a favourite.

Interviewer: You and your teammate Thomassen were in a close team vote for captaincy. Were you surprised with the support?

TB: Being a new player on this team is was definitely a surprise to get that support from my teammates. It's nice to know that I have a good reception here in Quebec City. I will don the assistant captaincy with pride. Thomassen is a great man for a captain but I'm sure everyone here is a leader in their own ways.

crop_222196_27_1392733637.png

Interviewer: With 9 points so far, what are your expectations on your output this season?

TB: I am just going into the season with a mindset to produce as much as the next guy on this team. If I can get 100 plus points again that would be nice, but it's not a goal. We have more than enough firepower on this team for many of us to hit a good mark in points. The big prize will come with teamwork, not individual efforts.

That does it for our interview with assistant captain Travis Boychuk of the Quebec City Meute. What lies ahead in the season will be a question to many in which team will conquer them all. The Meute have looked great thus far, and they will look to remain consistent heading forward.

Content: 3/3

All good, hit the word count.  I hope the move serves you well!

Grammar: 2/2  - Small things, no points lost

Boychuk, who his first 3 - change to "whose first 3"

What lies ahead in the season will be a question to many in which team will conquer them all. - I could just be really tired, but this sentence doesn't seem to make as much sense as it could

Appearance: 1/1

Nicely done