Claimed:Komarov frustrated at slow start. [GRADED 5/6]

Gooningitup

Considers Early Retirement

Komarov knew his rookie season would be a tough one the defender didn't expect to light up the league, However he was expected to be a physical shot blocking machine. Komarov has shown the shot blocking side currently sitting at 20 but the physicality that made Komarov a force in the VHLM has just disappeared. Through 8 games Komarov has 7 hits far off from his usual pace many experts just blame the fact hes asked to do too much for a young Davos team, however Komarov is just baffled. Last game he was seen throwing his stick at the boards out of frustration a clear sign he wasn't happy.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-899115866-1278078

I expected us to struggle i didn't expect to score a whole ton but i mean this is just embarrassing my team expects more from me and i expect more of myself. Komarov came in with high expectations he wanted to be the franchise defender the next best defensive defender, however with the rough start to the season Komarov has considered going back to Russia to play in the KHL. This has Davos fans in a panic a promising young player who could end his career much to early. Komarov stated well it has crossed his mind he wasn't ready to make the jump yet. He knows he can get better and keeps working his ass off that he can still turn his career around and right now that is his focus.

Anton+Volchenkov+Washington+Capitals+v+N

Komarov has been quiet in the media since his disappointing playoff run in the VHLM despite his best efforts the Storm didn't get past the second round. Many experts think that he puts the pressure on himself for the Storms defeat and that would explain Komarov's slow start to the season. Komarov is a prideful player known to take all the pressure of a loss on his shoulders he feels the need to be a leader on and off the ice and perhaps he just needs to take a step back and enjoy the game again. Davos knows they have something special in Komarov and know as-long as he continues to develop he can become a stud defensive defender who runs their back end for many seasons to come. Many just believe he needs to take pressure off himself to make an immediate impact in his rookie year and focus on just continuing to develop his raw tools.

144787250.jpg

It will be an interesting story line to follow this season well all experts know Davos will struggle likely securing the first overall pick. Komarov and the rookies hope they can at least show fans that there is a rainbow at the end of this rebuild and they have many of the pieces in place that will help them become a great franchise for many years to come. Hopefully for Davos Komarov can turn things around and hopefully not flee to Russia. As it stands right now the Russian is ready to stay and looks to make his footprint in the VHL and hopefully go down as one of the best defensive defenders in VHLM history.

Content: 3/3

Interesting article going over Komarov's recent struggles. Hopefully you can pick it up.

Grammar: 1.5/2

• Komarov knew his rookie season would be a tough one the defender didn't expect to light up the league, However he was expected to be a physical shot blocking machine. --> Komarov knew his rookie season would be a tough one; the defender didn't expect to light up the league ,however, he was expected to be a physical, shot blocking machine.
  • Komarov has shown the shot blocking side, currently sitting at 20, but the physicality that made Komarov a force in the VHLM has just disappeared. - Still worded a bit off .
  • Through 8 games Komarov has 7 hits far off from his usual pace many experts just blame the fact hes asked to do too much for a young Davos team, however Komarov is just baffled --> Missing some commas. I would of went ... Through 8 games, Komarov has 7 hits, which is far off from his usual pace. Many experts just place the blame on the fact that he's being asked to do too much for a young Davos team, however, Komarov is just baffled.
  • " I expected us to struggle i didn't expect to score a whole ton but i mean this is just embarrassing my team expects more from me and i expect more of myself. "
  • but mean
  • The rest of the article is well written, but mostly everything is missing commas. The general rule I go by for commas is to place them where you would pause when you are reading the sentence out loud.

Appearance: 1/1

Paragraph form, pictures, title.

Total: 5.5/6

• Head Moderator

Content: 2.5/3 - Interesting write about your defenseman and his struggles to succeed since last year's playoffs.  If he can take the pressure off of himself and just have fun, there's definitely a bright end of the tunnel.  There is room to grow!  ~520

Grammar: 0/2 - Hardly any.  I would suggest running your articles past your teammates before submitting.

would be a tough one the =would be a tough one; the

league, However = league, however

shot blocking side currently sitting at 20 but = shot blocking side, currently sitting at 20, but

Komarov has 7 hits far off from = Komarov has 7 hits, far off from

hes = he's

of frustration a clear sign he wasn't happy. = of frustration, a clear sign he wasn't happy.

i = I (many occasions)

this is just embarrassing my = this is just embarrassing, my

Komarov came in with high expectations he wanted = Komarov came in with high expectations; he wanted

career much to early = career much too early

Davos fans in a panic a promising = Davos fans in a panic, a promising

stated well it has crossed = stated it has crossed (you're paraphrasing the player speaking)

VHLM despite his best efforts = VHLM.  Despite his best efforts,

himself for the Storms defeat = himself for the Storm's defeat

Komarov is a prideful player known to = Komarov is a prideful player, known to

shoulders he feels the need = shoulders.  He feels the need

and know as-long = and know as long

follow this season well all experts know Davos will struggle likely securing = follow this season while (??) all experts know Davos will struggle, likely securing

Hopefully for Davos Komarov can = Hopefully for Davos, Komarov can

Appearance: 1/1 - Indeed.

3.5/6

4.5--->5/6 Final

Edited by frescoelmo