Claimed:The Final Years

THE FINAL YEARS

Tanner_Glass_Winnipeg_Faceoff.jpg

Gregory Glass and the Cologne Express have been having a career year this campaign. The defensive prospect-turned Cologne veteran was first picked up from free agency after he failed to be drafted. That would not sway him from quitting and he would eventually keep fighting back. A few weeks later Gregory Glass got a call from Joey Kendrick the General Manager of Cologne. Joey offered him a professional contract in order to have him in the Cologne system. From there Glass would play the preseason but fail to crack a spot on a Victory Hockey League roster. Gregory was feeling beaten down and broken until Joey Kendrick sat him down and had a heart to heart. Both men explained where they wanted to go and where they wanted to see the franchise take off too. It was agreed that Gregory Glass was going to be a big part of that make up. Sure he is no all-star and certainly not the best defenseman in the VHL, but he is part of the core guys here in Cologne now.

“When I had that sit down with him (Joey Kendrick) we talked about life, the future and about Cologne as a whole. He told me he was not going to give up on me and that he could see me as a core member of the franchise. That there is exactly what I needed to get better everyday and since then I have only been improving.”

If you ask any Cologne player they would say the man that keeps them going is none other then Joey. He motivates the younger guys and keeps the older guys focused and energized. When things look bad Joey is there to make things seem good. So with that and his constant philosophy of “Its never too late to turn things around”, Gregory Glass has become a household name in the Victory Hockey League. When he got signed and started playing he was THE tough guy. Glass’ job consisted of going on the ice to hit people and drop the gloves. Those days are not entirely gone but they are no longer his priorities when he steps on the ice.

In very aspect of the game Gregory Glass is a threat. Glass can score, pass, deliver hits and even block shots when he needs too. When he is on ice he gives his line mates the extra energy needed to score more and fight harder. Sure he doesn't have a letter on his chest, but it’s about what is on the inside of the jersey not what's on it.

“He (Glass) has exceeded our expectations. He is a key player and steps up when he needs to. We picked him up at a young enough age that we could mold him into a player we needed for the future and we have done just that. Glass is a core guy and is having the career of his life”, said Joey Kendrick.

So far this season Glass sits among the top five players on his team for points. Gregory Glass has netted himself four goals, ten assists to total fourteen points. Along side those statistics he has fifty-nine hits and thirty-eight shots blocked (leads the team in both areas). He has done this in nineteen games so far this season. The roll he is on can cement him in the legacy of Cologne and definitely get some bigger eyes on him heading into the final years of his contract. Glass has openly stated on social media he will not resign and that Season 38 will be his last here in the Victory Hockey League.

So what’s next for the defenseman and Cologne? Well here is hoping for a long and deep playoff run including none other than Gregory Glass.

Content: 3/3 - Well that ending was certainly a swerve. After all that nice talk about how Glass has been a mainstay in the Cologne franchise it's just sad to read his auto-retirement is nearing. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time with the team though. I'm sure they appreciated you being around!

Grammar: 2/2 - A couple things

preseason -> pre-season
Its -> it's
around”, -> around,"
Any number 10 and up is written as number form

Appearance: 1/1 - Kind of boring tbh. Format changes randomly in middle of article. I'll give this to you though. I recommend colour for quotes next time or something. Or another picture.

Overall: 6/6

Content: 3/3 - The first part of this confuses me, because first of all, prospect-turned veteran is kind of wishy washy in terms of language. Second of all, you were drafted by Riga here in the 3rd round, so that's where most of my confusion comes from. It's good that you started getting active again though, and while the end of your career is sort of coming up and from the sounds of things, I hope you continue to be successful.

Grammar: 1.5/2 - Quite a few small things, as well as some missed commas.

heart to heart - heart-to-heart (conversation)

take of too. - take off to.

make up - make-up

That there is - That was

"Its never too... - "It's never too...

around", - around,"

In very aspect - In every aspect

line mates - linemates

of his life", - of his life,"

Along side - Alongside

resign - re-sign

Appearance: 1/1  - Could definitely use more, it was a bit hard on the eyes with the big font and then the shift to the smaller font. Make sure everything is consistent. I'll give this to you though.

Total: 5.5/6

FINAL: 6/6

• 1 month later...