Claimed:Ken Anderson Enters Emotional Rut, Searches for Inspiration [6/6]

lere2001

Last week, during his return to Rush practice, Ken Anderson assured his teammates that he was ready to go after his two week long absence from practice but early in his return, Anderson has disappointed. It has become apparent that Anderson has not been able to find his "mojo" and his recent performances are lacking as a result. We reached out to Ken's teammates for comment.

Koenig: He's a great player and a great guy off of the ice but I just think he has some heavy stuff on his mind and it's affecting his play. He's making mistakes in practice and in games that he usually wouldn't. I mean, the other day during three on three scrimmage, he probably iced the puck on breakout-pass attempts like four or five times. He's not not been making the right reads and executing his passes.

Austin.jpg

Much like Austin Powers, Ken Anderson has lost his "mojo"

Okranitz: We have to be understanding of Ken's struggles while he heals during this hard period of his life. Hockey comes second to your family. In the end, he's still a fantastic player. I can handle the odd turnover by Ken as long as he ends up being mentally healed in the end. I don't let in many goals to begin with, so we'll be OK.

It is easy to see that Ken has understanding teammates who are willing to put aside their desire for victory in the short-term to allow Ken to heal and become a better player in the long-term. This level of togetherness and respect for one-another is what makes for a great team, and the Yukon Rush are definitely a great team. They have showed time and time again that they are able to thrive through adversity and that is why they are one of the favourites to win the VHLM Championship this year.

Ken Anderson will enter a search for inspiration in the coming weeks, fighting through depression and general low mood while he tries to be the best player possible for his teammates and his career. He is entering a crossroads. Ken Anderson will either become a household name in the VHL or his career will fizzle out and he will never see the ice of a VHL arena. The time is now to make the decision. Will Ken be a high draft pick with potential this off-season or will he be a roster-filler? We will not be able to tell for sure until it happens, but guaranteed, the decision happens now.

457400624-griffin-reinhart-of-the-new-yo

---------------------------------------

I'm going to go out of character here for the last part of this article. Ken Anderson, much like myself, has a decision to make. Am I going to be able to remain active, do my weekly PT's, and become the VHL superstar that I want to be after all this stuff I went through? I feel beaten down, exhausted, and I'm not taking these tragedies well at all. I come home after a day at school and I just want to sleep until the next day. I'm finding it hard to "take life by the horns" because I just don't have the drive anymore. I am at a crossroads. I'm searching for inspiration, and I hope I find it somewhere. Sim leagues are usually my outlet for emotion, but recently, they've become a burden. I just hope I find that love for it again. Thanks for reading.

• Senior Admin

Content: 3/3

Good to see Ken's got some understanding teammates, your lucky to play for Yukon - that was my first team in this league as well! I think you have what it takes to be a VHL superstar, and maybe once Anderson progresses in the sim more the decision about being active will be made easier. 

Grammar: 2/2

Appearance: 1/1

Looks good!

Overall: 6/6