Claimed:The Interview Before the Season - Boychuk [FINAL 6/6]

DollarAndADream

With the conclusion of Season 41's playoffs being a lacking one for the Quebec City Meute, they are a team looking to prove doubters wrong for Season 42. In Season 41's post-season, the Meute were wiped out against the New York Americans once again and their top duo of Aksel Thomassen and Bruno Wolf was shut down in that round. Quebec did have quite the successful season though, doing better than most analysts thought they would. Newly acquired Travis Boychuk didn't play how he was expected to until the departure of Azhishchenkov, but he didn't disappoint in the slightest. Boychuk ended off the season with 103 points, reaching the 100-point milestone that he missed in the previous year with the Calgary Wranglers. In the playoffs, he was his team's second best scorer with 14 points in 10 games.

Heading into Season 42, the Meute have many of the same players, but they have a bit of a new look. They recently signed free agent Milos Denis, and Ryan Cattrall is stepping up from the minors. For these two to come into the fold is a great step for the organization depth-wise, providing what they just might need to go further into the post-season.

--------------------------------

040211_LM_Wolves_16.jpg

--------------------------------

With all that being said, we have a sit-down with assistant captain of the Meute, center Travis Boychuk.

Interviewer: Heading into this season, how different is your club's morale compared to last year?

TB: We are just excited to get going this season as we were last time. Getting started here, we now know what we are capable of with the leadership of the team and with the new acquisitions it will only be better than before. Thomassen and Wolf have proved to be one of the biggest threats in the VHL as well.

Interviewer: How do you see your club doing this season?

TB: I think we should do better than last season. Although there are teams that are much better this season than last, there are also teams from last season that have hit a big decline in talent. I believe things have evened out a little bit so I think we have the right kind of squad to string together a lot of wins.

Interviewer: As an individual, how do you see yourself performing? Will you hit the 100-point milestone?

TB: I think it's very doable this season. I certainly believe I will do even better this season than last. Last season coming into Quebec City, I was playing behind KJA who I've seemed to have trouble playing behind during my career. He's always been a great talent for me to look up to, but for whatever reason I tend to do better as the big skill guy alone on the second line.

-------------------------

1297624209964_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

-------------------------

Interviewer: Once again this season, the New York Americans are mostly considered the favourites. What do you have this year that you think puts your team past them?

TB: They still have the best depth in the VHL. I believe this season we do have what it takes to be stronger than them. We have better depth than ever before. Last season, we beat them at times so I think with our better team this season it will be more even for us against them.

That concludes our brief interview with centerman Boychuk of the Quebec City Meute.

Edited by DollarAndADream

Content: 3/3 - Was the standard Q&A, but I enjoyed it. I feel like Quebec gets lost in the shuffle sometimes while New York gets the accolades, but I'm excited to see whether you guys can step up and take it this season.

Grammar: 2/2 - Didn't notice anything here, wouldn't expect anything less from a grader.

Presentation: 1/1 - Got it here.

Total: 6/6