Claimed:Hitting the wall?

Da Trifecta

Davey Hits The Rookie Wall

evgeni-malkin.jpg

It has been widely speculated and talked about that Davey Jones has finally hit the rookie wall. Metaphorically speaking, he has slowed down with is production on the team. His early success was something to rave over and even had him in the chase of the Rookie of the Year award. Now he will be lucky to have a season where he gets over 50 points. He has been practicing his hardest and been trying to work on his game but it just seems like when it comes time to the games, he just can't seem to get anything going in his favor.

Davey was recently interviewed on what he thought his struggles were the cause of and these were the answers:

Reporter A: "What do you think is the main concern for your slow play as of recently?"

Davey: "To be honest, I really have no clue. I have been hitting the rink practicing night and day to become a better player and every time we play a game, I make sure to give 110%. I believe many people have thought that I have hit the wall. I assure you that there is no wall and that I will be coming back with a vengeance. I will make everyone forget that I had this slow stint and that I will be showing up a lot more often in games.

Reporter C: "You talk about coming back with a vengeance. Is that something that you are promising or is it just a hope that you will?"

Davey: "I can promise that I will be showing why I was the fourth overall pick and that I can be a franchise player. My teammates have put so much faith in me and I will not let them down. I promised that I would come into this team, play my heart out and I would produce. Well I have been playing as hard as I possibly can and unfortunately it hasn't been doing much recently. I will have you know that I do not intend to fade away and become just a random person on the team or be labelled a bust.

Reporter D: "It may be quite early for anyone to throw around the word bust but many people are slowly believing it. Do you?"

Davey: "I would never label myself that. Any person who comes in and puts in the effort and work will be paid off. My philosophy is that if I work hard, I will play even harder. So basically you will be seeing more of the name Davey Jones a lot more often because I intend on dhowing up in games, making differences and helping this team win more games. We want to win games. We want to go to the playoffs. We are hungry for the Continental Cup. It is only a matter of time before it happens and I will not let my teammates down on our current quest for it."

Reporter B: "We all know that you have set huge expectations of your career and you hope to achieve them. Do you still believe that you are on pace to accomplish them?"

Davey: "As of right now, I do believe that I am on pace. I try not to be negative about anything and I know that if I pour my heart into this game, it will give me the love and support back. Hard work and determination are the key points that I must remember and I can't take advantage of my talents. I must become a better player in every aspect of my game and I think I have a long way to go but I will not put my career goals out of reach or say I have failed them."

Edited by Da Trifecta

Content: 3/3 - Good interview with Davey here. Pressure is on him to perform in Cologne so we'll see if he has what it takes to follow up Taylor and be a good second line center. Keep up the good work and I'm sure he will.

Grammar: 2/2 - Just one thing I noticed 

fourth overall pick -> fourth-overall pick

Appearance: 1/1 - Needs more colour. Won't dock you this time.

Overall: 6/6 

Content: 3/3 - As long as Jones keeps putting in the work, the points will come. Being behind Taylor on the depth chart is also hurting you right now, as winger depth in Cologne could be identified as a weakness of the team. Like I said though, the hard work will result in individual success eventually. 

Grammar: 2/2 - Solid.

with is production = with his production

Appearance: .75/1 - Needs a little bit more. No biggie though.

Overall: 5.75/6

FINAL: 6/6

• 1 month later...