Claimed:Rough Start For The Legion [Final 6/6]

Ball

C.H.I.L.L.A.X

It's been rough sailing for the Toronto Legion as of late. After missing out on the post-season in S41, losing Devin Sundberg to free agency, and starting 3-7-1 in S42, patience was wearing thin in Toronto. A team fans though would finally break the longest current playoff drought in the VHL, the Legion stumbled out of the gate while Seattle sits in second place in the North American Conference. But, even with all the pressure to win riding on the young rosters' shoulders, one player on the Legion doesn't seemed to fazed by the slow start. And, in an Aaron Rodgers-esque move, the Legion's Tyler Cote had one thing to say to the city of Toronto. “Chill.”

“I don't know what all the fuss is about guys, it's not the end of the world,” said the young center out of Ontario in a press conference after Toronto's morning practice on Monday. “We have played a whole 11 games this season, so now is not the time to fret. Y'all just need to chill out. Rome wasn't built in a day and a dynasty can't be built in a week. These things take time and sometimes, you have to hit rock bottom before you can climb to the top. Just relax guys, we are gonna find our groove, but you have to let us grow as a team.”

image.jpg
It's been a rough start for the Legion, but the season is still young.

As of right now, the Legion sit in fourth place in the North American Conference, 8 points behind the defending Continental Cup champion New York Americans. The Legion, who many thought would be battling it out with the Seattle Bears for the wild card spot in the NA Conference this season, have dug a big hole for themselves to start out S42. On the bright side, the Legion did have a rough schedule to kick off S42, having played 2 games against the Americans, 2 against the Meute, and three games each against the Titans and the Express. “We had a lot of things working against us to start the season,” said Cote, who was voted as an assistant captain for the S42 season. “Not only do we have a rookie goalie in net, but we had to play the best of the best the league has to offer in 10 of our first 11 games. It's not exactly how a young team wants to start off their season, but life isn't fair. We are gonna have to take the hand we were dealt and roll with it from here on out."

toronto-maple-leafs.jpg
S42 will be a crucial season fro Cote and the crew as they look to finally step out from the shadow of the looming rebuild.

As for Cote, the third year center has started S42 on a good mark. In 11 games, Cote has 5 goals and 8 assists for 13 points, good for second on the Legion behind Sachimo Zoidberg. Cote has also racked up 33 hits, hoping to claim the Scott Boulet trophy he felt he should have won last season, but didn't even receive one vote for in S41. But if the Legion want to wiggle their way back into playoff contention this season, they will need the former third overall pick to take his game to the next level. “I know I need to play better and I have been working hard to get to the next level of my game,” said Cote. “One player does not a team make, but I was brought in to do one thing, perform. No matter how long it takes or how many hours I have to put in, I will take this team to the promise land. Losing is not an option anymore and I will do my best to turn this season around for my teammates and the city of Toronto.”