Claimed:Dreams of a power forward [Final 6/6]

jRuutu

Dreams of a power forward 

091001_ruutu.jpg

Its not a secret that Jorma Ruutu likes to throw is body around. Crunching hits but what is often not noticed is his shot blocking. That giant 193 cm and 97.5 kg body goes down so elegantly .When you as a shooter close your eyes even for a second , he is already in front of your shot.  You really cant have moment of peace on the ice when playing against Ruutu.

Either he is screaming Finglish to you or is trying to destroy you with a huge open ice hit. 

Physical game is his strength clearly but its also his weakness. If he goes for the huge hit but misses? Oh boy , you are going to have some explaining to do at the bench if that missed hit results in a goal on your own end.  Ruutu  is still learning the game and by the looks of it,  this season he has toned down those open ice hit attempts.  Which is a good thing since so over the top physical playing style can really wear your body down quickly. 

You can clearly see the improvements on his stick checking and positioning.  When you combine those two attributes with his size , you are going to have a monster penalty killer in the future.

We were watching Jorma in the Ottawa´s practice this morning, he was in a good mood and answered few of our questions:

So..Mondays, huh?  Hows it going?

Ruutu: Pretty good , just finished the morning practice which is pain the ass by the way. I hate to wake up so early but thats the life of professional athlete. 

We saw you and few other quys practice skating much more than the others?

Ruutu: Yep, Ottawa hired a skating coach to come over few days in a week. Me and few other guys work on our skating. Mostly about technique and how to use our skate blade efficiently. I must admit its starting to pay off.  By the next season i reckon you wont even recognize me on the ice.

Comments on the season so far?

Ruutu: Team is playing great , we are 4th at the moment i believe so its going well. On a personal level,  its been a difficult start but im getting there. Whole new system but i think i have finally figured it out.  Slowly but steadily making progress in the practice and hopefully that hard work starts to show in the games too.

How´s the life in Ottawa?

Ruutu: I love the city , plenty of things to do in my free time. I was bowling last weekend and i dont want to start bragging but if i started bowling instead of playing hockey when i was younger.. I could easily be a superstar in bowling. 

Thank you for the interview and good luck!

Ruutu has potential  but only time will tell if he manages to use all that and translate it to a glorious career in the VHL.
Edited by jRuutu

Content: 2/2- creative. Keep up the good work!

Grammar: 2/2- few mistakes.

Either he is screaming Finglish to you or is trying to destroy you with a huge open ice hit.-- Not sure what u meant by this..

i -----> I

don't----> don't

Ottawa 's---- Ottawa's (no space after the "a".)

that's----> that's

Appearance: 1/1- ill give it to you, but next time have more than one picture. Centering the text looks a lot better as well.

Final: 6/6

• 2 weeks later...