Claimed:Ruutu tossing salad [Final 6/6]

jRuutu

WYObhtr.png?1

World is full of great and not so great foods that are bad for your health. Professional athletes must follow quite boring diets during the season. Some people can do it easily but there are people who struggle every day and they have to fight  temptations.  We are all different, some people can eat badly and still manage to look and feel great.  When you are a professional hockey player , looking good is not so important. It´s mostly about how you feel.  

Eating well and resting are key parts of any athletes day and often the difference between win and a loss.  Bad eating habits usually mean you run out of energy more easily and you just can´t make the difference in a close game. Nothing in the tank and there´s still 10 minutes left in the clock , not so good place to be when you are a hockey player. Luckily these days with internet, you can find information about everything you need. Most teams also have nutrition coaches who teach all the do´s and dont´s. 

w90AOdZ.jpg

Ottawa Lynx players are regulars when it comes down to helping the local community with everything from charity to after school activities. Last week we took part in a ´´Cooking with Elders´´ program that teaches the senior members how to cook and eat healthy.  Starting from the very basics. 

We met Lynx player Jorma Ruutu  who was there to offer helping hand and perhaps to learn something new as well. 

Enjoying the cooking lesson so far? 

Ruutu: Oh , absolutely! Everybody here work in little groups and after everything is done , we get to eat. My groups  responsibility today was to make the salad and salad dressing. Nothing major , just a very basic salad. The key words were simple and healthy. That´s my style of cooking  since im not that great in the kitchen.  

Who´s in your group?

Ruutu: Me , Margaret and Janet.  I made the salad and ladies did the salad dressing. I must admit that Margaret and Janet are great cooks. They helped me through it all so it was quite easy.  Janet warned me about the dangers of kitchen and showed me how to stretch my wrists. She hurt her left wrist while tossing a salad back in the 70´s. She said that she can still feel it. Kitchen is a dangerous place if you are not careful.

Did you enjoy the night?

Ruutu: What an amazing night , had so much fun. I try to take part in all kinds of charity and community events as often as possible.Everybody smiling, learning   and on top of that , you can eat a delicious homemade dinner with lovely people. Can´t really beat this. 

There you have it , hockey players and athletes in general are good people who like to donate their time and spread the love and happiness.  If you would like to take part in something like this , visit your local retirement home and ask how you could donate your time. More details about charity in general can be found from OttawaFunTimes.com

Content: 3/3 - Nice little article. Not sure if you know that "tossing salad" is an innuendo or not, or maybe that's the whole point of the article.

Grammar: 2/2 - Just a few little things

"World is full" - The world is full

"key parts of any athletes day" - athlete's

"not so good place to be" - not so good of a place to be

"My groups  responsibility" - group's

" since im not that great" - I'm

"dangers of kitchen" - the kitchen

Appearance: 1/1 - Good pictures.

Overall: 6/6