Play Me More MInutes, or Don't Play Me At All

JumpierPegasus

His first two games in the VHLM were disappointing, but Perron chalked that all down to very little playing time. He expected as he showed the coach that he was responsible throughout the game, that he would receive greater responsibility. Perron made it his goal to go out every shift and play it like it was his last in his 3rd game in the VHLM, showing the coach that he could handle the pressure and that he was a good choice for the first line centre spot on the squad.

In game 3 Perron would go out and score a quick goal, the first of his career. He would get 2 more shots during the period, and help out defensively by going down to save an empty net and a sure goal. However he still only found himself playing 4 minutes in the period, and riding the bench a lot in important situations. During the 2nd Perron went out and scored 2 quick goals to take the lead back after the team let in 2 unanswered. Despite that he only played 5 minutes in the whole period, not being trusted much on the powerplay or penalty kill. In the third Perron would be restricted to 2 minutes of ice time for the rest of the game as the Outlaws tied it up. After a 3 goal effort in only his third game in the VHLM, Perron would sit for most of overtime and the shootout, leading him to question the coaches decisions to leave him on the bench. Perron was quoted as saying "Play me more, or just don't play me. I deserve to be given a shot"

Perron currently has 3 goals and 1 assist in his first 4 games, while restricted about 12 minutes of ice time per game, compared to his teammates who receive 20+ minutes