Claimed:Gone But Not Forgotten ? [Final 6/6]

Individual

Gone But Not Forgotten ?

uspw_7199548.jpg

Theo celebrating with his team

Theo Matsikas bursted his way into the VHLM scene when he first joined the league. He was training hard on and off the ice, wether it be in the weight room or watching video film. All this hard work was promoting Theo up the draft rankings. Scouts started to watch Theo more carefully, and projected him as a top player in the draft.  Since then, something has changed in Theo's ways. Theo's workouts on ice have become so short, sometimes he does not even show up for practice, and as for off ice workouts, do not expect Theo to be there. This kind of attitude is not completely new for Theo. Before he joined the VHL, it was mentioned that he had commitment problems. These comments lead to Theo being such a low pick in the VHLM Draft.

Although in this past week, we have seen a small resurgence  of Theo, we have begin to see him a little more on the ice practicing, and he even occasionally joins the boys in the locker room.

We were lucky enough to catch Theo at the arena and ask him a few questions:

tumblr_lkj1hw8h1X1qfngpqo1_500.jpg

Theo, what happened? You were becoming such a promising prospect and then just disappeared  on everyone?

Well its been a busy time for me, right now I am quite uncertain about my hockey career, and I do not know if I can count on it to provide for me in the future. So with that being said, I have been attending university. We had a lot of project due, and with finals coming up my time has been limited. Its not like I've given up on hockey, I am just bettering myself for different paths.

Your team has swept the first round of playoffs, with you putting over a point per game on defence, what can you tell us about your teams great performance, as well as yours?

Well Oslo is a great team, and if you expected anything else besides a sweep, I am not sure what you are on. Oslo has every piece a championship needs. They have an offensive threat in Kyle Knigma, a defensive threat in Patrick Demko, and a solid goalie in Coca Cola. It is going to be an interesting final forsure, but I have my money on Oslo. As for my individual performance, it just comes from playing with such great teammates, in such a great system. The system we run in Oslo really allows to play an up tempo offensive game, and with Cola in net, he makes the big saves when we need him!

The Draft is coming up, where do you project yourself?

It is really hard to say, like you mentioned, I do believe I have the ability to be a top prospect, but sometimes I do run into commitment issues. Honestly, id prefer to be a late pick, that way I do not have high expectation on me.

Thanks for your time Theo.

Will Theo be able to make an impact again for his team, will he rise the ranks of the draft? Who knows, only time will tell !

526 words

Content: 3/3 - Gone but not forgotten is right. A lot of players in this league are valuable, even welfare players.

Grammar: 1.5/2 - Quite a bit of simple mistakes here. If you just run it through spell check, many of them could have been fixed.

"wether it be in the weight room" - whether

"off ice workouts" - off-ice

"we have begin to see him" - begun

"Well its been" - it's

"We had a lot of project due" - projects

"Its not like I've given up on hockey" - it's

"what can you tell us about your teams great performance" - team's

"Kyle Knigma" - Kingma

"interesting final forsure" - for sure

"Honestly, id prefer" - I'd

"I do not have high expectation on me" - expectations

Appearance: 1/1 - Looks good.

Overall: 5.5/6

Content: 3/3 - Great work like Dolla said everyone is very valuable. Without players even the welfare ones the vhl would not exist.

Grammar: 1.5/2 - Quite a bit of simple mistakes here. Dolla seemed to get most of them.

"wether it be in the weight room" - whether

"off ice workouts" - off-ice

"we have begin to see him" - begun

"Well its been" - it's

"We had a lot of project due" - projects

"Its not like I've given up on hockey" - it's

"what can you tell us about your teams great performance" - team's

"Kyle Knigma" - Kingma

"interesting final forsure" - for sure

"Honestly, id prefer" - I'd

"I do not have high expectation on me" - expectations

Appearance: 1/1 - Looks good.