Campbell is a #2 again

Banackock

Blake Campbell came into the league, was eventually picked up by the Minot Gladiators and then had his ass parked on the seat for a huge portion of the season. The following year, he became a Free Agent and signed with the future Founders Cup champions the Brampton Blades. With the season ending on a high note, he now is off to the big leagues where he'll finally suit up for the Stockholm Vikings. However, the Vikings had picked up Brick Wahl who will be taking the reigns for this season. Thus, Campbell is once again a number 2 - just in a different situation.

It was tough to push through my first season playing limited minutes but I did it because I had a goal in mind and I wanted to reach it and pass it. I did and the following season myself and Brampton were crowned champs. Over the last season and since being drafted by Stockholm, I've gained a good relationship with boubabi and Stockholm players and other management. They made a lot of moves to ensure I was the future between the pipes. I'm young and I'm still not quite at the level where I can consistently and confidently match up against my opposing shooters. I think having Brick Wahl here to learn from will actually benefit me more than me going out there and potentially getting slaughtered all year. He's already helped me a bit with practicing and development.

Campbell also knows that IF they split time and he wants to play, Brick Wahl loses his shot at making it to the VHL HoF. He briefly commented on this.

I've spoken to both Wahl and Stockholm management regarding it. I want to see him go out with a bang and although a hefty sacrifice, I think it's the right thing to do. Of course, it would suck to sit out but I think it is the right thing to do. As a goalie, you need to earn your right of passage. That's what this seasons all about and I get to learn from one of the best. I'm actually pretty excited to share the net with such a great guy and fellow goalie.