Claimed:Niklas Kurri Fitting in With the Pack. [Final 6/6]

220px-Tyler_Toffoli_warming_up_before_a_
Quebec City Meute forward Niklas Kurri

When Niklas Kurri declared for unrestricted free agency, The Helsinki native had no idea what the next chapter of his VHL career had in store for him. As covered in my last article, Kurri took his time before deciding that The Quebec City Meute were the best overall fit for him. Even after Kurri made his decision and officially became a member of The Meute, there was still a certain level of uncertainty. Would he fit in with his new teammates? What type of role would he play with his new club? Would he be able to adjust to playing with such a skilled group of players? This years Meute team was certainly the most talented group of players Kurri had ever played with.

So far everything has been going smoothly. After taking a few games to get acclimated with his new surroundings and his new teammates, Kurri has picked up his game as of late and he has begun to find the score sheet with a lot more regularity. Through 21 games this season, Kurri has scored 6 goals and added 7 assists, for a total of 13 points. Kurri has shown a willingness to get involved in the physical aspects of the game and sacrifice his body, recording 31 crushing body checks and stepping into he opposing shooting lanes to block a total of 8 shots so far. Kurri has played in all situations for Quebec City and is averaging exactly 28 minutes per game. Kurri has been a key part of the Meute penalty kill which is currently killing off over 86% of opposing powerplay's.  Niklas has been effective when placed on the ice for a Quebec City powerplay as well. Kurri has scored 2 powerplay goals and has 5 points total when the Meute are on the man advantage.

toffoli-493970095-640x427.jpg
Kurri is dangerous carrying the puck out of the corner

As far as fitting in with his new teammate's off of the ice, all indications are that everything has been excellent. Kurri has got to know a few of the players such as Patrick Demko and Bruno Wolf. Kurri has also fit in well with the guy's he already knew, such as Jack Wylde, Aksel Thomassen and Brandon Holmes. All indications are that Quebec City might end up being a long-term residence for the 2nd year forward. The Finn is said to be enjoying his time in the Quebec City area and may look to purchase a home in the area in the near future. The two-way forward certainly has the money to do so after hitting it big in the VHL lottery late last season.

"Yeah I've definitely spent a good amount of that money!"

Kurri was quoted as saying,

"The first thing I did was buy my mom a new home back in Finland... After I took care of that, I went t the local Mercedes dealership and bought myself little present"

Kurri says with a smile.

So far all party's involved have been very happy with the way things are working out.

Edited by nikkurri17

Content: 3/3 - I'm a little sad that I didn't get a mention in this article. I'm your linemate and captain! Great article, and you've been a great addition to the team.

Grammar: 2/2 - Some little things.

"The Helsinki native" - the doesn't need to be capitalized

"This years Meute" - This year's. (needs an apostrophe)

"opposing powerplay's" - powerplays doesn't need a capital

"I went t the local" - to the local

" So far all party's involved" - parties

Appearance: 1/1 - Good!

Overall: 6/6

• 2 weeks later...