Quick Question With Nicolas Caprivi #3

Quick Question With Nicolas Caprivi #3

This is part three of our new interview series with Nicolas Caprivi, we'll ask him a question or two each week - questions that you can send in, so if there is something that you would like to know from or about the German-Canadian Center from the New York Americans, then just leave them in the thread. This is a question by BOOM, after this one my pile of questions currently looks empty so if you send one in right now, by writing in this thread for example, your question could be next!

I picked you for most improved last season. Was it Cologne's strategies or Caprivi's lack of effort that lead you to fail me dismally?

"Last season was very disappointing for me personally, at least up until the playoffs, and it would be way to easy to blame the team and our strategy for it. I got playing time with all sorts of different players and in all kinds of situations, I got to be the go-to on a line of a complimentary piece on a unit with a superstar like Thomas O'Malley. None of it worked out particularly great so I have only myself to blame for that. I don't think it was for a lack of effort but maybe I got a bit too complacent at times, thinking that I was already better than I actually was. Luckily I managed to snap out of it in time for the playoffs, but last season has certainly taught me a lesson or two."

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus