Wingate getting tired?

CalgaryLate.jpg

Calgary -- When Calgary Wranglers GM Austin Gow held goaltender Hans Wingate out for the first two games of the season, he promised that the third overall pick would soon be receiving playing time. Apparently, he wasn't kidding. Since that day, Wingate has played 32 straight games, or exactly half the number he is allowed to play for the full season.

Could the rough schedule be taking its toll on the young goaltender? The team as a whole has gone 5-5-0 in its past 10 games, its best stretch of the season. However, at the same time, Wingate has had some rough games over that stretch, giving up six goals to Stockholm and four each to Quebec City and Riga.

"I might be getting a little tired," Wingate conceded to the press after a recent loss to Davos. "Everybody needs a little break here and there."

Seeing as how Wingate has played more games than every other active goaltender, sans Seattle's Niklaus Mikaelsson, those breaks should be coming soon. However, who will they come against?

"Selfishly, I wouldn't mind sitting out against one of the better teams," Wingate says. "Seattle, Quebec, Cologne, any of those guys at the top of the standings. Since I have to sit anyway, if I could help my win or save percentages out a tiny bit, I wouldn't be opposed..."