Claimed:Advantage's Trade Review - Edition #3 (The Late Edition) [Final 6/6]

Advantage's Trade Review - Edition #3 

suit-clip-art.jpg

Sadly I haven’t been able to do one of these for a while.  With the Pajodcast being kicked into gear again, and especially with the live one, things haven’t really had to be written on my front.  However, thankfully we have some very merciful administrators here who are letting me write this late for last week due to a hectic sixty hour work week over five days.  The last time I wrote one of these, I looked at the Chershenko for Smalling and Rafter trade and the Landry trade that I personally have regretted for quite some time.  Now I will look at the next off-season where I made two trades, both with some notable inclusions.

Season 35 Off-Season Trade -> NYA/TOR

To Yp5RCrq.png
S36 TOR 1st (Andrey Zadorov)

To StPYNLI.png
S36 HSK 1st (DuJuan Cook)
S37 NYA 2nd (Bennett Wahl)
S37 CGY 2nd (Mikael Svensson)

This trade actually was pretty close to even in retrospect.  While I certainly do not regret this trade as I saw how different the talent level was between the two 1st's, the Legion were fortunate enough to draft Munk with one of their 2nd's.  Svensson really didn't pan out at all so he isn't a serious part of this trade.  Zadorov is the best player in this trade and was a big piece to the Americans cup win in Season Thirty-Nine.  I really feel he was a major part of our group as the solidifier after Conner Low.  Other than those two, we really did not have much on the back-end and with a young goalie, those two were a big part of the success we had.

Interestingly enough this was Edgar’s first trade and like I said before, his second round pick of Munk helped even this deal out a bit more for him.  While the differences between the first round picks are quite significant, the Legion were able to put together a respectable return in what could have been a pretty shitty situation.  Meanwhile, I was able to accomplish what I wanted to.  I moved up and ended up with the best player in the trade.

------

Season 35 Off-Season Trade -> NYA/CGY

To Yp5RCrq.png
(S34) LW - Simon Tremblay
(S33) C - Keiji Toriyama

To YTzfe5K.png
S37 VAS 2nd (Penis Anthony Doubligne)

S37 DAV 2nd (Kez Kincaid)

This trade was a pretty interesting one altogether.  While rebuilding I decided to shake things up and try and add some talent that were entering their prime to help some of my younger players along (not unlike what I am currently doing).  Tremblay, who was a depth player with really high scoring, was one piece that I thought might be able to improve a bit with Meg around at the time.  While she didn’t really stick here much longer, Tremblay actually proved to be a solid second line winger due to her ridiculously high scoring for such a cheap build.  Toriyama was the really prize though and given my history with Streetlight and these leagues, I was happy to have him.  While he would eventually be moved for a pick that would acquire Logan Laich (yes, I consider Laich third overall and Slaughter second overall in that draft), Toriyama was a welcome addition who had some great success on New York.

Calgary ended up not too bad out of this, but they also didn’t really get value that hit a homerun either.  While they would keep neither of these picks, they ended up being Penis Anthony Doubligne and Kez Kincaid, who were essentially borderline VHL’ers in the high 100’s for TPE.  Certainly not a trade I regret as when it comes to value, I do this trade over and over again.

Content: 3/3 - Nice article. I love these little looks into trades that people do in their articles sometimes. It's sort of the Winter Classic thing that HBO does sometimes with Road to the Winter Classic behind the scenes. ;)

Grammar: 2/2 -

"Toriyama was the really prize though" - was really the prize though

"I do this trade over and over again." - I would do this trade over and over again.

Appearance: 1/1 - Good!

Overall: 6/6