Claimed:Blake Campbell Interview [Final 6/6]

Banackock

It seems like it was just yesterday that Blake Campbell wa sa young face to the league trying to make a name for himself. Since then, he's won a Founders Cup championship and is now the starting goalie for the Stockholm Vikings. For a young guy in the league, he isn't quite developed to his full potential, however, is very much so on his way. With the pressure on for him to come up big for him teammates and management, we've come to wonder what he is thinking, how he is feeling and what's going on in the goalie's mind. Due to this curiosity, we managed to get Blake Campbell to come sit down and have a little questioning period with us. Without further delay, let's begin the interview.

477345360-hockey-nhl-finals-chicago-blac

TSN: Firstly, congrats on a starting position at such a young age. How did it feeling transitioning from a junior championship winning guy, to a back up behind a potential Hall of famer, to a now starter for a very successful organization?

BC: I think the best way to put it is that it feels proper. Meaning, I took the right way in order to get to where I am. In no way do I think I was fed from the golden spoon and handed a career of greatness. I've climbed up the ladder, like most, and have earned and put time into each spot in order to get to where I am. Winning the Founder's Cup was my first taste of success and truly made me crave a championship in the VHL. Being a back up behind Brick Wahl was a great learning experience for myself. He taught me the in's and out's and what I should focus on so that I can be stronger for my team once he retired. As for now being a starter, it feels great. It's a silly question to ask because the answers obvious. The pressure is there to perform big, but I'm just focusing on playing my game for now and we'll go from there.

TSN: What are your thoughts on how you've played so far this season? 

BC: Honestly, a lot would say I've done well but there's always room for improvement. My numbers are strong, however, I've found it a little difficult to find consistency. It's not overly that I have poor games, but that I need to be willing to find a way to withstand the pressure and keep the games close without letting a soft one in. I'd prefer the pressure to be on me, not my teammates. If that's the case, it likely means we're winning. I think as the season goes on, we'll find great chemistry and have a good rest of the year.

TSN: Yes, we believe this also. What's the best part about being a Viking?

BC: There's a lot of great things about being in Stockholm. I'm playing right now with a lot of great friends that I've known from prior times or other leagues in the past. Our locker room is a great atmosphere and you're able to just kick back and enjoy life while in there. Likely the thing that keeps me here most though is our management. At the end of the day, it all leads back to the guy that runs the show. If you have poor roster, are losing or the lr isn't active, it's likely on the GM. Everything we have right now is really good and a lot of credit should be given to boub. 

TSN: And lastly Blake, do you plan on being a Viking for the rest of your career?

BC: Only time will tell, to be honest. In a business like this, things can change quickly. If I had it my way, and so as long as everything runs smoothly and there's no changes to management, I don't plan on going anywhere. 

TSN: We'll, thanks for your time Blake. Feel free to come in any time and waste 10 minutes of peoples days by doing more quick articles for TPE.

BC: Oh believe me, I will. Take care, man.

3082315.jpg

(For the week of July 6th to July 12)

Content: 3/3 - Good lil interview :) Glad to see you having success as such a young goalie. I haven't really followed the VHL much this season but hope you continue to do well!

Grammar: 2/2 - Didn't catch anything else
Campbell wa sa young  = Campbell was a young (dat typo)

back up = backup (pretty sure its one word)

Appearance:1/1 - Looks lovely

Overall: 6/6