Claimed:Kurri's On Fire.[Final 6/6]

Hes-On-Fire-NBA-Jam-2010-Trailer-595x394

Remember the NBA Jam video game series? Well Niklas Kurri is on fire. At the time of my last article, Kurri had seen a rise in his scoring production and moved his way to the top of The New York Americans scoring list for the season. Kurri recorded 19 points over a 13 game stretch and notched 29 points through 29 games. Kurri has built on his strong play and has found a new level of confidence in the offensive zone. Over the past 17 games, Kurri has scored 15 goals and has 31 total points. Kurri is leading The Americans in scoring by a wide margin and has established himself a one of the clubs most reliable players in pretty much every situation. In his third season in the VHL, Kurri is enjoying by far his best season in the league and has already established career highs in a number of different categories. While his offensive production is what has stood out, Kurri has been arguably The Americans best defensive forward as well. Kurri has blocked 45 shots through The Americans first 46 games which is two more than fellow Finn and line-mate Jorma Ruutu and leads all of the teams forwards. Kurri's 60 points are 16 more than any other player on The Americans and 13 more then the forwards previous career high. Kurri also leads the club with 29 goals, 31 assists, 7 powerplay goals, 14 powerplay points and 4 game winning goals.

We were lucky enough to catch up with Kurri after a recent game with The Riga Reign and ask him some questions.

williamsintjjune13_xbox_620x350_24647014

Great game Niklas! You guys won 5-2 and you had a goal and 3 assists, Your thoughts on tonight's game?

"Thanks Bud, I'm glad we could get the win! The team played great and I think the result reflects that. We played a very physical brand of hockey and dictated the flow of the game. We were able to force some turnovers and kept the puck in the offensive zone, away from our own net. My teammates were in great position and capitalized on their scoring opportunities."

What's the difference in your game personally? What has sparked your offensive outburst?

"Yeah, I think I'm just working really hard off the ice and I have a lot more confidence with the puck. I've been working on getting stronger and I've been watching a lot of film to make sure I'm in the right position on the ice. I still think there's room for improvement and team success is definitely more important then individual statistics. Hopefully we can make a strong push for the playoffs and make some noise when we get there."

Thanks for your time Nik, good luck the rest of the way!

"No problem man anytime!"

Content 3/3 - I never played the NBA Jam game that you referenced, but I assume it was a good reference anyways. It's nice to see that Kurri is doing well, and hopefully the hard work continue to improve Kurri going forward. You seem to be on a great organization to develop going forward!

Grammar 2/2 - Just some silly things.

The New York Americans/The Americans -> the New York Americans/the Americans
the teams forwards -> the team's forwards
The Riga Reign -> the Riga Reign
you had a goal and 3 assists, Your thoughts on tonight's game? -> ..your thoughts on tonight's game?

Appearance 1/1 - Cool video game stills, bro.

Final 6/6