Ice cream man [Final 6/6]

jRuutu

mU61LU1.png

One of the greatest moments for professional hockey player is the moment when the season ends. Then you can just relax and enjoy life without hockey for few weeks. Some players just relax at their crib while some players travel to some hot place and just sit on the beach. I decided to head back to Finland. My trip home has been on my mind for months now. 

Nothing massive, just relaxing with family and friends. I rarely get to see them since I live in New York and they rarely come to see me.  That is maybe the worst part of a hockey player's life. Sometimes you need to leave your family and friends. Luckily there is all kinds of apps that you can use to stay in touch. Still, it's extra special when you get to spend some time with them face to face.

First day back in Finland was glorious. It was raining the whole day. I was so happy. Typical Finnish summer. I just sat on the couch and drank beverages all day long.  That is what holidays are all about,  nice couch and a cold drink. What more can you ask for?

The weather got better on the next day and stayed like that for pretty much the whole time I was in Finland. Sunshine and blue skies.  I decided to spend more time outside since the weather was nice but also because the Finnish nature is beautiful. Nothing like going out for walk and perhaps pick some blueberries from the woods. If you are lucky, you can find some mushrooms.  My mom's blueberry pie is pure quality. 

I found some blueberries but they tasted funny so I did not bring them back home with me. 

Perhaps the most exciting moment for me back in Finland was when I saw my uncle! He sells ice cream for living. Can you believe that? Maybe the greatest job ever.  Summer is the time when he does most of his business so  I decided to visit him in his usual selling spot.  
He was happy to see me since it has been over 8 months since we last saw each other. Almost immediately he asked if I want to drive the ice cream truck. Well it's more like a transit that has a window on the side but yes! Of course I wanted to drive the thing. 

tumblr_lfyuu827F11qge70fo1_500.jpg
Ice cream enthusiasts

I started driving like a true professional, ice cream truck song on and everything. All the kids ran after us but I was not going to stop. Eventually I had to though since I almost drove the whole thing into the woods. That vehicle is not so easy to handle on corners. Luckily nothing happened. Good times though. 

Saw my family and friends. Managed to relax little bit before the new season starts. Now it's time to head back home to New York and get ready for training camp.

Content: 3/3 - Um, interesting media spot. Next time you go to Finland take me with you, I'd like to go ;)

Grammar: 2/2 - 

greatest moments for professional = greatest moments for a professional 

Appearance: 1/1 - lol yes.

Overall: 6/6