Claimed:Cologne Express Host League of Legends IEM

Da Trifecta

RTEmagicC_esl-tv-teaser-cologne.jpg.jpg

The Cologne Express wanted to get involved in more things for the future of the team. So they decided to get involved in the video gaming industry. First on their list was the hit internet game, League of Legends. They had met with many executives and so many different teams in the EU region that they wanted to release the interviews to the public.

fnatic-splash-resized.png

Joe "JOEE" Miller (Fnatic) - "It is a great honor to have the Cologne Express host the IEM for this year. We have been looking for sponsors for the season to continue and when the Express said they were on board, we were ecstatic. We have been fans of the Express ever since they have became a franchise. Most recently they have shown promise and we are excited to see what the playoffs bring them and we hope the best for them. They are my favorite franchise and my favorite players have to be Kameron Taylor and the rookie Davey Jones. Of course I love everyone on the team but they are just too exciting to not root for."

300px-Clg_logo2.png

Michael "bigfatlp" Tang (Counter Logic Gaming) - "I think it is something special that the Express our doing for us. Not many people are willing to sponsor us but the fact that the Express quickly shown interest is great. I have watched every game the Express has played since they joined the VHL. The history of the the team is rather short due to them just becoming a franchise recently but we love watching the Express play. My favorite player has to be Gregory Glass. The was he handles himself on the rink and off is pretty awesome. I would like to meet him one day and get his autograph."

SHtFWDHTDYI.jpg

Evgeny "Darien" Mazaev (Gambit Gaming) - "The Express has to be one of the best teams in the VHL. Even though they haven't been in the league that long, what Kendrick has one with that team is amazing. The guy has assembled a playoff team and while some of his players haven't lived up to expectations, many others have made up for that. We hope that they will get more people to come to the team and that they will soon become a powerhouse. It is always fun watching them playing and I love watching Chekov. He is easily one of the best goalies in the league. He really hasn't much help to prove his worth, but this year he is really showing his value to the team."

The Cologne Express hope to make this the beginning of a beautiful relationship between the gaming industry and the hockey business. We know that some of the players on the Express play League of Legends but not professionally. They do it for fun but they do get the chance to watch all the tournaments of LOL that they can when they aren't playing. Keep an eye out because some of the players are looking to surprise some of the people from all the teams at the IEM and are going to meet them. Autographs will be signed and they are going to take them out to a private dinner.

Content: 3/3 - It's nice to see League pick up another solid sponsor. While I doubt many professional League players play hockey, I'm pretty sure some professional hockey players play League. Also, CLG no longer has an EU team, but that's not really a big deal. In the end, it was an enjoyable media spot. 

Grammar: 2/2 - A good amount.

team. So = team, so

quickly shown interest = quickly showed interest

has one with = has done with

hasn't much = hasn't had much

Appearance: 1/1 - LOL.

Overall: 6/6

Content: 3/3 - That's enough of them vidya games, Bobbeh! BWWWWUUUAHHHH!

Grammar: 2/2 - That Fly Guy got 'em.

Appearance: 1/1 - The hell are those logos? They look like rejected Olympic logos.

Overall: 6/6 - Whores are no good!

FINAL: 6/6

• 1 month later...