On The Eve of Free Agency (2 of 2) [Final 6/6]

Banackock

logo_free_agent_frenzy-239x100.gif

Last week, we followed up on Blake Campbell and his potential road which leads him to becoming a Free Agent for the first time in his career. During last week's "Blake Campbell Watch", we had discussed with Mr. Campbell the possibilities of him ending up on specific European Conference organizations. We feel as though it gave the teams, the players and management a clear idea on what his thoughts were, what his interests were and what his possible intentions were. This week, we have the same thing in store for you, however, we're taking a stride on over to the North American Conference. Prior to doing this, Blake released a statement on the Eve of Free Agency.

I feel as though it's something that I need to do. I want to explore my options. It doesn't mean I'm leaving Stockholm, but by saying that it doesn't mean I'm staying either. I love Stockholm, I love the management and the players, but it seems as though the great times are coming to an end there. Let's face it - my career will one day be winding down and how happy willI be to think to myself.. Hey, I might not have a cup but at least I was loyal. I'm sure it's an okay feeling but me leaving has nothing to do with loyalty. I gave boub my all and stayed for as long as he could have us successful. IF careers lasted longer in this league, I'd stay for sure. It's a shame those dumb fucking rules are in place and the old guys are trying to protect their precious records. That's what a few people say anyway.

Other than that, I'm excited to talk with teams and get a feel for things. If I could address the teams and give them one piece of advice it would be this. If your team is not able to contend - if a cup isn't a possibility next year - don't ring my phone. Thanks!

And without further delay, the list for the North American Conference.

New York Americans

Yp5RCrq.png

From the looks of their roster, I'd say it's a possibility. They don't jump out at me and scream we're winning. Of course, I'm not sure who else is out there joining me in free agency. Where those other Free Agents go could determine where I go! They do need a goalie and are not one of the weaker/weakest teams when you look at a lot of the other teams that don't have many assets. I'd say there's a chance I end up here.

Calgary Wranglers

YTzfe5K.png

Nice roster and a good goalie named Winsgate. No interest in being a back up and he's not moving. No interest from them, no interest from me obviously. 

Quebec City Meute

IhclZ49.png

Weinstein is the man in the net here. I'm sure they could possibly use my presence for a season and have Weinstein playing 25-30% of games, but I have zero interest in splitting games with someone. Their roster is young too! Won't get an offer from them - don't expect one and the chances of me saying yes are extremely low at this time.

Seattle Bears

qA3LVOO.png

Dig the logo for sure, however, my grandmother's wrists are stronger than their current roster. I mean, they could land some big FA's if there are any this season with me and it could change my mind. Until that happens though, my interests are considerably low when it comes to playing for Seattle. They do make good coffee though, right? City of coffee and shit?

Toronto Legion

StPYNLI.png

Not meaning to be rude, but what roster? Toronto would be a great place to play, but without a roster in front of me to help bring success, my interest is zero to play in between the pipes for them at this time.

I am very excited to enter into Free Agency with a fairly open mind. Of course, I want to win. Personal success and Team Success is what it's all about and if one or the other is missing for me - that's likely going to be a problem. Theoretically, I suppose talks open up in the next few hours. I'm very excited to hear from any and all GM's who wish to plead their case in earning my services on the ice and in the Locker Room. I expect an especially good one from Boub. Boub, If I leave, good luck. xo

Content 3/3 A full-bodied introduction, a quick look at the NA teams and the possible relationship between you and they, and a conclusion. It's very readable, so it works for me.

Grammar 2/2 It was fine for the most part, but cool it on the capitalization in the middle of sentences. The only things that should be capitalized mid-sentence are proper nouns (specific people, places, or things).

Appearance 1/1

Total: 6/6