Comparing Teams to the First 5 Royal Rumble Entrants [Reviewed]

Tagger

Roman-Reigns-2-300x300.jpeg

#1 Roman Reigns – Helsinki Titans

There couldn’t be a more obvious comparison for the first overall entrant in the Royal Rumble. The last two Royal Rumbles have seen Roman Reigns as one of the final two competitors while the Helsinki Titans have won the last two Continental Cups and both are expected to be strong competitors to be this season’s winner. There’s also somewhat of a coincidence in that both Reigns and the Titans have connections to the people that run their respective organisations, although for completely different reasons; Reigns has been unfairly targeted by the McMahon family while Titans GM William Shaw is the VHL Commissioner.

3559331525_wwe_profiles_hero_rusev_answe

#2 Rusev – HC Davos Dynamo

Despite only debuting two years ago, Rusev spent nearly the entirety of his first year in the WWE unbeaten, only to be beaten by John Cena at Wrestlemania. Since then however, Rusev has lost some of his unbeatable aura and didn’t even last two minutes in this Royal Rumble. Since the move to invisionzone forums in Season 35, HC Davos Dynamo had a similar streak of success to Rusev in the first year on the new forum, only missing one of the five Continental Cup Finals that took place in 2014, but were also only one of three teams who failed to make a Continental Cup Final in 2015.

AJ-Styles.jpg

#3 AJ Styles – Winnipeg Jets

Not exactly relevant to this league, but then again, with AJ Styles making his first Pay Per View appearance on WWE programming at this Royal Rumble, selecting a VHL franchise simply would not make sense. I’m not in the SHL, but I’m led to believe that the Winnipeg Jets are the team with the most Challenge Cup victories. This is a perfect match for Styles, who has won several World Championships in companies not named WWE.

th?id=OIP.Mae725dbd45e2cbdf8d6536dd52194

#4 Tyler Breeze – Stockholm Vikings

After the name change, the Stockholm Vikings showed a lot of promise, especially after they secured seven first round picks in two successive draft classes. Despite all that promise, the results failed to materialise and the Vikings have failed to make a Continental Cup Final since the name change. Breeze showed a lot of promise in NXT, the WWE’s developmental branch, but has barely been featured on WWE programming.

Curtis+Axel.png

#5 Curtis Axel – Seattle Bears

At the last Wrestlemania, Curtis Axel had inherited somewhat of a cult following for his Axelmania gimmick, which primarily revolved around his belief that he was never eliminated from the previous Royal Rumble. Eventually his gimmick started to transform into “Hulk Hogan” cosplayer, which was unfortunately timed with the release of Hulk Hogan after racist comments made by Hogan on a sex tape were unearthed. As a result, Axel was kept of television for several months until just coming back recently. The Bears went through a similar phase in Season 44 as, after the firing of their General Manager Brady Stropko led to them losing a lot of their assets, they went on to miss the playoffs for three consecutive seasons, the longest active streak in the VHL.

Nice job comparing two things that I never thought could be related.  Though I do not follow wrestling, I think it was still easy to understand and read.  Nicely done.  There were maybe one or two grammatical errors but scrolling back through, I can't find them so they must not be too big.  Keep up the good work!

• evrydayimbyfuglien changed the title to Comparing Teams to the First 5 Royal Rumble Entrants [Reviewed]