Three chances to win one game

scoop

After splitting the first two games in New York, the Americans beat the Vikings twice in Stockholm to go up 3-1 in the Finals. I can't recall for sure if I've ever been up 3-1 in a Finals series (that I lost), though I feel like it probably happened once. But it is a good feeling. Light isn't playing so well, but whatever. Actually, New York doesn't really have anyone that's particularly standing out. Campbell, while having had some really good games, has just a 0.915 save percentage. I think if New York does manage to close out the series, playoff MVP probably goes to Reencarnacion or Kyanon. Reencarnacion leads the team with a +3 rating and 14 points (including 7 goals). He is actually one of just three players (including NYA D2) with a positive rating. Kyanon meanwhile also has 14 points as a defenseman,

Unless Stockholm at least brings the series to a Game 7, I think it'd be hard to say any of their players dominated enough to give playoff MVP to a loser. Karnage is the playoff leader in points with 17, but that's with a few more games played than New York. His P/20 leads Stockholm, yet it's at just 0.75, less than the top three Americans (Reencarnacion, Kyanon, Ruutu). But Karnage also has 96 hits to his name and a slightly better face-off percentage than Reencarnacion. And while he does have 38 penalty minutes (and penalties have been killing Stockholm in this series), not many of those have come during the Finals. And then there's Weinstein, who has a 0.925 save percentage right now. Had he not fucked up in Game 4, maybe he could be in consideration. I guess he still has a shot if he lets in like one or none goals over the next two games, but where he's at right now wouldn't be good enough to win the award in a losing effort.

Or Stockholm could still win the series, but someone else can write about that.

3 hours ago, Victor said:

Yeah when you left halfway through Glover's last series and Glover promptly decided to choke and lose 3 straight to Davos.

So you know what not to do.

Yeah that was one of the seasons I was thinking it might be