Got hurt [Reviewed 2/2] [Reviewed]

jRuutu

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

That is unfortunately the case. This all happened yesterday during the practice game when we basically just were playing first line vs the second line. Nothing too serious, but still both lines were aiming to win. At some point I was behind the my own net with the puck when I got absolutely destroyed by a huge hit from Thomas Duddy. I did not even see him coming so it was a clearly hit from a behind. I tried to get up, but I just could not do anything. I was laying on the ice for few mins before I finally managed to get up. To make things even more interesting and weird, Duddy was on my side! I guess he wanted the puck that badly. Shouting keep your head up afterwards was bit too much in my opinion.

After i managed to get up, I made my way to the dressing room where the doctor of the team checked that everything is ok. Well, everything was not ok. My wrist was hurting like hell so we decided to play it safe and went to hospital to make sure it´s not broken or anything. Luckily for me and for Thomas, my wrist was not broken. Something was wrong with it though and I had to skip today´s morning skate. Both the doctor in the hospital and the teams doctor made sure that I take it easy if it still hurt this morning so I stayed home while the guys were working out.

Not sure what will happen later today when we have a game against the Meute. I might be able to play, or I might not be able to play, who knows really. It all might come down to few hours before the game. I could potentially take something for the pain , but I need to be really careful with these things. Cant really take anything that is against the rules, those doping testing people are really weird . They even want to watch while I give the sample. Bit weird if you ask me. 

o-WELFARE-DRUG-TEST-facebook.jpg

I once got into trouble some years ago with a similar scenario. I was bit hurt and could not really play,but the team really needed my presence on the ice so I tried to look up some ways on how to play even though I was hurt.  Take or do something to make the pain away is of course the best option so I asked from the guys in the locker room if they knew anything that might help me? Nobody knew anything super fancy or secret stuff that could make the pain go away.

All of a sudden I remembered that Thomas Duddy, the guy who I used to play with in Ottawa Lynx was always talking about herbs and stuff. I called him up and asked for some tips. He mentioned these mushrooms that his people back in Austria used to cure people. I cant even remember the name of those mushrooms, but he sent me a photo and the name and I went to my local supermarket and tried to find them. 

I found something similar and pretty much ate few of them right away. To make somewhat nasty story short, I was pretty high for the next 12 or so hours and unfortunately the doping testers showed up behind my door during those 12 hours and lets just say I managed to miss the cup quite badly. 

We shall see in about 6 hours if I´m on the lineup today, lets hope for the best!

Review: I would suggest rereading your article before posting it. A lot of my apostrophes and short cuts on words that would be easy to catch with a quick review before posting here. Based on the rules I've seen it's nothing too major, but I don't know when they decide to start deducting points around here lol. Not a bad read, but those small issues made me stop a couple of times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28.3.2016 at 3:36 AM, Evans said:

Review: I would suggest rereading your article before posting it. A lot of my apostrophes and short cuts on words that would be easy to catch with a quick review before posting here. Based on the rules I've seen it's nothing too major, but I don't know when they decide to start deducting points around here lol. Not a bad read, but those small issues made me stop a couple of times.

What kind of short cuts on words? 

I know this might sound bad and hard to believe after what you have said, but I actually did read it more than once before posting it. 

Review

Nice article from you like always we expect a nice little blurb from Jorma's days in NY. With english being a 2nd language for you sometimes I see why it could be frustrating to receive criticism but sometimes there are some weirdly placed apostrophes and some odd sounding sentences but it's not bad at all.