Claimed:Dufresne Looking to Find a VHLM Team [Reviewed]

rkw_pearson.jpg

VHLM prospect Nik Dufresne

After taking some time to evaluate his options, Nik Dufresne announced his intentions to join the VHLM. Dufresne submitted all of the necessary paperwork to join the league late on Thursday evening. Nik is the younger brother of PHL player Marc Dufresne, Marc is a two-way center who has been a staple in the Seattle Sockeyes line-up for a number of seasons.

"Yeah It's been pretty cool over the years, having somebody like Marc to lean on." Says the younger Dufresne,

"He's a few years older than me and I've definitely looked up to him a lot, especially when I was younger. Seeing how successful he has become made me realize that I could accomplish whatever I set my mind to. As long as I worked hard enough and dedicated myself to becoming a successful hockey player, I would eventually get an opportunity to prove myself. I've spent the past few breaks I've had from school, traveling with the Sockeyes and I feel like I've learned a lot. It's definitely an advantage to be able to see what professionals do to prepare themselves for the game at the highest level."

Dufresne has spent the past two seasons attending and staring on the ice for a private school in Halifax, Nova Scotia. In his senior year, Dufresne scored 18 goals and assisted on 33 others during his teams 20 game season. Dufresne was drafted in the 2nd round, by the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League, but Nik declined the opportunity to play for them and instead attended the private school in Halifax. Rumors are that Dufresne demanded a trade to his hometown Oshawa Generals, but the Rangers management refused to budge on their stance.

LeviTalarico630.jpg

Nik during high school

"You know, I don't really want to get into the specifics of why I didn't play for Kitchener. I'll tell you that I'm very happy with the decision I ended up making. I had a great time in Halifax and I received a great education. It would have been nice to play hockey at a higher level, but that wasn't my primary concern." Says Dufresne,

There was a lot of talk that Nik could join the PHL. The PHL was ultimately the direction that his older brother chose to go in, but Nik again decided to follow his own personal goals and made another surprising decision.

"It was an easy choice for me. The VHL is a premier hockey league and I feel that I can become an impact player here. I hope that a team sees enough potential in me to give me a shot. I look forward to developing my game in the VHLM before I eventually try out my game at the very pinnacle of hockey, the VHL."

Edited by nikkurri17

Review:

Nice article, man. I only noticed one issue, you said he was staring on the ice for Halifax but I think you meant starring. And I would center the text under the picture. Other than that, couldn't ask for much more. Definitely a solid article and if you keep this up you'll be a star in no time. Welcome.